SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP2022 - what happens to it next year????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP2022 - what happens to it next year???? Login/Join 
posted
So... the SP2022.. what is going to happen next year?

1. nothing, it will die a progressively slow, unsupported death

2. the 2042 replacement is announced

3. the French retire it and it floods the US market as a police trade-in

For the record, I love the gun but not getting it because it gets only life support from Sig.

Posts: 691 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to be difficult, but everything sig makes is a few minutes from life support and really non support. Get the consumable parts while you can and enjoy the gun.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Not to be difficult, but everything sig makes is a few minutes from life support and really non support. Get the consumable parts while you can and enjoy the gun.

Agreed. That the SP2022 has had the kind of life span it has enjoyed so far is atypical of this era of Sig. I doubt we'll see a flood of French police trade-ins for various reasons. With any modern production Sig, if you like it, buy all the parts you think you'll need to keep it running while they're available.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Unless the French decide to switch to some more local
European manufacturer (insert model here), I'd say nothing is going to happen next year. At most a multi-year phase out with hand me downs going to local departments. I read somewhere they like their SIG Pros. I wouldn't hold your breath on ever seeing them state-side without a lengthy time-out period. They have certainly upgraded from the mini-14 but pistols perhaps have less pressure to be the latest greatest.

Besides Glock, what would an obvious replacement option?

I have a few Wink
https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...r-sleeve-sigpro.html

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Sweet, must be Tuesday.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the first thing that happens is, you start getting these phone calls from some guy named "Peggy" telling you that your extended warranty has expired...

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TxRod
posted Hide Post
I don't know how many parts you will actually need if you get the gun. I've had mine for years and over 5,000 rounds and I've never replaced as much as a spring and it still shoots like new.

Posts: 488 | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sf192nd
posted Hide Post
I guess they will start making the 2340 again? Lol

Posts: 646 | Registered: October 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TxRod:
I don't know how many parts you will actually need if you get the gun. I've had mine for years and over 5,000 rounds and I've never replaced as much as a spring and it still shoots like new.

Wait, I thought one had to replace the main-Spring every 3000 to 5000 rounds or you risk cracking the slide.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post