SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 98 series
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 98 series Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted
Anyone ever play with, or better yet, own one? Visiting Beretta's website I see that they list several 98 variants. 9x21 sounds kinda interesting.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they mostly market those in countries where it is unlawful for civilians to own guns chambered for "military" ammunition, i.e. 9mm NATO. I'm sure some of our overseas members have experience with them.

Posts: 216 | Registered: January 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have a 98G Elite II of sorts, put together from factory parts on a 92G EII lower.

Why? Because reasons. Really no different than a 92G EII but since I also have the 96G EII in 357, I wanted a trio of them.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, I'm confused. Are we talking about a 9x19-equivalent meant as a way to work around legal restrictions, or are we talking about the souped-up version used in IPSC?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I've always been kind of curious about these myself. How does 9x21 compare to .38 Super?

Posts: 8534 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Guess I was looking on Beretta's international (corporate) website when I saw these guns. A shame that the US market apparently won't get one or two to sample. Frown

Weird however is that the international website shows a couple of M9 limited commemorative releases yet the U.S. site doesn't. I mean, what other country uses the M9 pistol, let alone that designation? Why would THEY get them and not the U.S. market? Puzzling.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
9x21 is basically identical to 9 Para and is designed to be interchangeable as far as barrel stock (diff chambering obviously) and magazines.

9x23 vs 9x21 vs 9x19

quote:
Based on the 9×19mm Parabellum cartridge, the case was lengthened from 19.05 to 21.15 mm (0.750 to 0.833 in). The bullet sits slightly deeper in the case, which results in almost the same overall length as the 9×19mm Parabellum cartridge (29.69 to 29.75 mm (1.169 to 1.171 in)).

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but it seems to have been spiced up for IPSC outside of the US. Handloads.com lists one 124 grain load at 1,353 fps, and Fiocci lists one at 1,230 fps. That's a little bit more than your garden variety 9x19 Luger will do.

http://www.handloads.com/loadd...Order=Powder&Source=

http://www.fiocci.com/en/categ...9x21-pistol-revolver

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post

Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
I'd love one in .30 luger.

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post