SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which pistol to carry during the Covid19 pandemic?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which pistol to carry during the Covid19 pandemic? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My usual, PX4 compact carry with a full-size in my bag in the truck with a half dozen spare full size mags

Posts: 448 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
I still carry my Sig P365. It's plastic and can be easily decontaminated.

You'd let someone cough on your gun? Just how close will you let them get, anyway?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Glock G45 replaced my M&P compact for daily carry. Shootability and capacity trump comfort and concealment these days. A double mag carrier also gets clipped on the belt.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lately I have been packing a P220. Switched to a 250 in .40 at the beginning of the hysteria.
Spare mag on belt as usual.
A few more rounds on tap seems prudent.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Running my regular carry - P365 with one 10 and one 12 round mag. P229 truck gun with 3 mags.

Used to be that I never worried about the people that lived around me, but after watching some of them in the grocery store the past week, I need to adjust my optimistic opinion down a bit.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
The same pistol you would carry on any other day? Confused

That's what I've been doing during my increasingly rare forays outside, and what I expected I'd keep doing, but...

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I went from carrying a 19 to a 17. Craziness is abound out in the real world. I can milk a little more performance out of the 17.

While I may disagree with jljones on any number of other issues Wink, this is his area of expertise. If he thinks it's prudent to up his game, I'm inclined to follow suit.

Then there's the story member Prefontaine just related over in the main CV thread. Sure, that could've happened on any day, but taken together...

So, from my Walther PPS M2 or Colt Defender to my Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced. A couple more rounds and it's the pistol with which I shoot best.

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Usual number of spare magazines on my person and half dozen (as usual) in my truck.

Never thought I'd see the day I'd want to carry more than one spare mag. Now I'm thinkin' that, once this has passed, a dual mag holder for this pistol may be a good idea.

I think I'll drop a pair of mags in the glove box of the mighty Jeep, too.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARH19456:
You don't hand your pistol to all those you meet for them to fondle and inspect?

I recall a historical case of a mormon pioneer who handed his pistol to an indian, upon request. The indian wanted to see the pistol. When the pistol was given him, the indian shot the pioneer. That incident has always stuck in my head when I think about handing any firearm to someone.

I'm at a loss as to why a concealed firearm might become contaminated. I suppose that if one is handling things throughout the day, and then puts hands in a pocket where the pistol is, then it might make sense to disinfect the grip. Or at least, don't put the pistol in one's mouth...

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
I still carry my Sig P365. It's plastic and can be easily decontaminated.

You'd let someone cough on your gun? Just how close will you let them get, anyway?

Hands man, hands. There is no hand sanitizer or a antiviral wipes. No bread either.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The same gun I always carry. G19.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, that. You're over-thinking this a little.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:

Yeah, that. You're over-thinking this a little.

Yep.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
G-19 w/extra mag..OWB/IWB/Shoulder rig depending on clothing of the day ...............drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking of going to a sawed-off 12 gauge, handloaded shells with #12 shot to eviscerate as many of those little COVID-19's as possible.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W model 10, with two cartridges.

Posts: 465 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still carry my Sig P365.

Eleven rounds of 9mm? That sounds fine to me. (The other part, I'm not going there.) We aren't at the point (yet) where gangs of starving people are roaming the streets looking for an easy mark. If any do, shoot the leader and chances are the others will book.

Something that can't hurt might be a pocket pistol or revolver as a backup.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Working from home now so good excuse to keep the P220 handy, but still carry the P938 when out.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 781 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same gun I've been toting around. I'm just carrying an extra mag now.

Loaded a few extra mags for my work AR, and the SHTF guns at home.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Cloistered at home. P238 next to the computer and military M7 Tanker holster with a 1911 for inside walkabouts. Smile

Breach my door...EAT LEAD!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
This isn’t exactly the zombiepocalypse. I don’t know why you would change. If the trucks ever quit rolling and the power goes out maybe but not now.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today I carried a Ruger LCP and Glock 26.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post