SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which pistol to carry during the Covid19 pandemic?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which pistol to carry during the Covid19 pandemic? Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
I still carry my Sig P365. It's plastic and can be easily decontaminated.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
The same pistol you would carry on any other day? Confused

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
P365 - just like any other day - my daily companion

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I’ve been carrying my P228 quite a bit. When not that, 43X with shield arms mag.

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
AR Pistol.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Well since there are no zombies and life is pretty much normal with the exception of there being far less people out and about and we should all be staying in more.......I will go with the same pistol you’ve been carrying all along.

Maybe holster a can of Lysol on your off side in lieu of extra mags. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Same pistols as usual - PX4 Compact or WC Beretta Centurion Tactical.
Only difference nowadays is I carry two spare mags instead of the usual one.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We actually made a switch yesterday, although it is only indirectly related to the current state of affairs. Yesterday, we put away our trusted Glock G43X and began carrying our equally trusted but larger Glock G19X. The G19X is a bit less convenient to carry abroad owing to its extra difficulty to conceal. However, hanging mostly around the residence and not venturing out much, the inconvenience of the larger pistol is mitigated.

We are not actually expecting any trouble, especially since the trouble will have to seek us out at our residence. Nonetheless, the 19X is easier for us to shoot well than the smaller pistol; and seventeen rounds of hot 9mm ordnance at the ready makes us feel cozy...

We trudge on.

Posts: 123 | Registered: March 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same EDC. Why would I change? I am not expecting any additional threats or I would arm up with long guns.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
People aren't fondling or coughing on your concealed handgun. You shouldn't need to change what you're carrying, or to disinfect it.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I went from carrying a 19 to a 17. Craziness is abound out in the real world. I can milk a little more performance out of the 17. Usual number of spare magazines on my person and half dozen (as usual) in my truck.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
People aren't fondling or coughing on your concealed handgun. You shouldn't need to change what you're carrying, or to disinfect it.

Couldn’t agree more. The last thing we need is another Coronavirus thread. I’m already avoiding two other forums on SF b/c I’m sick of it. Time to go for a walk as this bastion is wearing thin.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No reason to change.

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
seriously? disinfect your pistol, disinfect your holster threads? maybe if you're into show & tell during a pandemic.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My carry gun 90% of the time has been my P226 in .40. Doesn't change given the current circumstances. I also carry a p365 as a backup at work. I have carried the p239 a couple of times in the last two weeks, but its usually just for a quick trip to pi k up the kids from their grandparents or something.

Now I did have the wife switch from the G43 to a p224 or G26. She shoots both of those better than the 43 and refuses to carry a spare magazine, so the extra rounds on board are comforting.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Upped from g43x to g19 with spare mag and added an AR pistol. All it will take is the government being late with the usual handouts and this country will be on fire.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would you be concerned about decontaminating your handgun? Unless you are handing it to the infected and asking them to fondle it before returning it to you, then it doesn't need to be decontaminated.

A pistol dedicated to a virus? A joke, right?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My EDC, SIG M11-A1 & my Ruger LCR 22 WMR but with two extra mags vs. one. If the situation gets worse and too many police are out sick, then maybe two or 3 handguns.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
The same pistol you would carry on any other day? Confused

Yep.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Why would you be concerned about decontaminating your handgun? Unless you are handing it to the infected and asking them to fondle it before returning it to you, then it doesn't need to be decontaminated.

A pistol dedicated to a virus? A joke, right?
You don't hand your pistol to all those you meet for them to fondle and inspect? Ha Ha, I'm just kidding! I know like me you toss it to them to inspect so as not to get closer than 6 feet from them!

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post