SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which pistol to carry during the Covid19 pandemic?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which pistol to carry during the Covid19 pandemic? Login/Join 
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Same as what I always carry: 365.

The only really difference nowadays, is that I'm carrying a couple of his friends along, too. Wink

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put the G43 back in the safe and took out my P320C.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing has changed. My EDC is still my stainless Kimber Pro Carry in 9mm.

I was paid $7.54/HR to go into harm's way so you didn't have to.

Posts: 646 | Location: Heart of Dixie! | Registered: April 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Which pistol to carry during the Covid19 pandemic?

Nothing has changed. Still the P365.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
Shield 45, same as any other day.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Staying the same... P239 in 357 Sig... but I did think about stepping up to my P226 in the same caliber but I have not shot it enough to be totally comfortable with it.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not changing anything yet - p229 most trips

Posts: 64 | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
1911 Tac-Ops

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
My EDC off duty as an LEO is a P365 IWB with a 12-round spare magazine in my pocket.

In many parts of north Texas, most recreational facilities and non-essential businesses are closed down. People are dealing with more stress, and they’re carrying that into the places that ARE open. Because of that, I’ve been carrying my P320 .357 Sig on my hip under a light jacket and my P365 on my ankle—-just in case.

But that’s me.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the weekend I put my trusted P225A1 back into the safe and pulled out my Beretta 92X Centurion and a couple spare 17-rounders. The last trip to Wally World's neighborhood market sealed the deal, tensions were high and everyone was side-eyeing everyone else.

I’m thankful that I took the time in December to install G10 grips and night sights on the 92X.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
My carry varies with my perceived threat level. Prior to Corvid 19, I was regularly carrying my Walther PPK. Now I've upped it to my Sig P320 C.
Next step will be my 1911 with spare mags.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
I still carry my Sig P365. It's plastic and can be easily decontaminated.

Why does it matter, where’s your pistol been that you haven’t?

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
We've upgraded, in case the virus mutates and we get Zombies

Put away the little Ruger LCP2, now carry a G34 with optic and a 33 round mag, also have a mag carrier strapped on, holds 3 33 round mags. Using 147 grain 9mm hollow points.

Stored a Benelli M4 with spare ammo holders above the tv cabinet, also carry a G26 in my back holster, and a freshly stoned knife on my ankle.

AR M400 is positioned by the front door, with 15 mags of Winchester 5.56 green tip, AK47 is by the back door with 10 mags of 7.62x39 124 Grain Hollow Point Ammo, the Sig 522 with the silencer is in my office, plenty of ammo for it close to 10,000 rounds.

Wifes got the MPX with double taped 30 round mags of 147 grain and the TiRant45 on the barrel for ultimate supression and suprise attacks.

May consider putting the PMR-30 in the silverware drawer, with three mags 90 rounds of 22 WinMag will allow me to hold off the predators until I can get to the Benelli.

The plans for an underground lair were foiled by the high water table, so we've built in a safe room, with 1080 video feed, MRE's a cot and it's solar powered...

Reminds me I need to put the all trax on the back of the F150 in case we need to escape through the swampy fields, zombies can't swim right?

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
zombies can't swim right?

Well technically no..... but they can walk under water or float.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
M&P C.O.R.E. 4.25" barrel with 18 plus an extra mag with 17.

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I have been carrying my old duty gun, S&W 4566 for the last 10 days - and foreseeable future.

45 won't be of any use on a virus, but it kills opportunistic miscreants dead. Wink Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think you can kill viruses by shooting them. Not sure, though ...

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Well, since my eyes aren't good enough to shoot a virus...

and since there are likely more viruses in each airborne droplet than i can ever buy ammo, let along carry enough to shoot them all if by some miracle i was able to see them to shoot them...

I'm not sure why there needs to be a change from what you already carry?

Throw an extra mag in the pocket and a couple in the car (to get home with in case it gets nuts) and you'll be just fine.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Well, since my eyes aren't good enough to shoot a virus...

and since there are likely more viruses in each airborne droplet than i can ever buy ammo, let along carry enough to shoot them all if by some miracle i was able to see them to shoot them...

I'm not sure why there needs to be a change from what you already carry?

Throw an extra mag in the pocket and a couple in the car (to get home with in case it gets nuts) and you'll be just fine.

I'm with you Kevin. I haven't changed anything

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
P365

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post