SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    EEZOX: Why Have I Not Heard Of This Before?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EEZOX: Why Have I Not Heard Of This Before? Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
In my research to acquire a Seecamp LWS32, I found that, like so many other things Seecamp, the company ONLY recommends using EEZOX to clean, lubricate and protect its guns.

My mainstay to this point, has been Hoppe's #9, with a touch of TW25B lube. Sometimes I use some M-Pro from a kit I bought at my range, but always lube with TW25B.

I read that EEZOX is a one-product-does-it-all solution, and its claim to fame is that the U.S. military uses it in desert theaters because it won't pick up dust and grit.

Almost no one carries it. At least not my LGSs (2) and range (1), as well as many of the popular web sites (Midway, Brownell's, CheaperThanDirt, etc.).

Naturally, I did find it on Amazon, so I ordered a 4-oz. can. It just arrived today, so I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Yet the numerous testimonials, as well as Seecamp's recommendation seem to suggest it's something worth investigating.

So, what's the story? Searching here on SIGForum, I found only 7 hits, and many of those just mentioned it in passing. What have I not gotten?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
The answer is that Eezox does everything better than anything. You'll be constantly amazed right up to the point you realize you can no longer stand the smell.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I've used it for years on my old issued stamped slide P220. I apply it with a toothbrush and wile off access. Never had the slide have any rust since using eezox.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I've used it for years. Good stuff!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any thoughts as to why Midway and the others don't carry it?

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
EEZOX is what was (may still be) used at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Glynco Ga. I made the mistake of not removing enough excess one time and the extractor kept slipping off the rim of 45acp cartridges after firing. Quick wipe fixed the problem. Did a great job cleaning and lubing. And yes, it has a very distinct odor Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
It's been a while, but I've used it. It's good stuff.

And yes, as mentioned, it's rather potent smelling; similar to Ballistol in that way. Big Grin

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I like Eezox as a protectant, which it excels at, but use other products for cleaning and lubrication. I am not fond of the odor either.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I have used Ezzox for over 15 years. I have used Butch's Bore Shine in the past to clean my guns. After cleaning , everything gets wiped down with Ezzox. I let the Ezzox dry- then buff with cloth. It used to be made in Waterford, CT. Now it's a California company.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been using it since the 1980s, and I rarely use anything else anymore.
It's hands-down the single best protectant I've ever found. I've never had any blued firearm I own develop rust when using Eezox. Wonderful stuff!

Posts: 91 | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an 870 that would rust if there was rain 500 miles away. Applied Eezox once and it stopped. I don’t know if there’s a better rust preventive out there.

As a lubricant? I dunno.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'I've been using it since FLETC, let's say several years ago. Great stuff, love the smell. My local store carries it in the one gallon can.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used Eezox for years and am a satisfied customer. I would rank rust protection, cleaning, and lubrication in that order as its strong suits. It excels in rust protection. I frequently use it for cleaning instead of other solvents. I particularly like it for barrel cleaning and conditioning.

I haven't tried to use it exclusively as a lube, since it seems a bit thin, but I have no reason to question its lube qualities. I have gotten used to the smell, but I will admit that it has an "acquire scent". It is one of my most used gun care products.

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
The answer is that Eezox does everything better than anything. You'll be constantly amazed right up to the point you realize you can no longer stand the smell.

If you switched from using Ballistol you won’t mind the smell at all.

I use it on my suspension parts after washing my Expedition. Works as a great protectant and keeps a fair amount of dust and grime off suspension components.

My LGS always has a solid supply. Just wish it weren’t so expensive.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Does EEZOX have an NSN? If it doesn't, the military doesn't use it.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So what DOES it smell like?

Posts: 24 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Eezox is my choice to wipe down things in the safe for long term storage. I've run out - and it's hard to find since few places carry it. I'm not an Amazon type, so I just gave up and have been using Breakfree CLP. I'm also almost out of Ballistol - similar story.

Eezox works great preventing rust. Ballistol I use only because it's old school. I've used it on leather, canvas and wood. It just shocks me being like some miracle oil. Every now and then I lubricate a firearm with it just for the heck of it. For a single range session it works as good as any other lubricant.

If anyone knows where to get these things - toss some links. The places I've found where it's reasonably priced are out of stock.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TrailWalker:

Do you know what Hoppe's smells like?

It doesn't smell anything like that. Smile

Actually, it kind of reminds me of nail polish remover. Married men will understand.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TrailWalker:

To me it smells like funky old leather, maybe with a dash of wet dog. It's not the worst smell in the world, but after a while it gets to you.

I've heard of gunowners whose wives won't allow it to be used indoors. Can't say I blame them.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
Eezox is my choice to wipe down things in the safe for long term storage. I've run out - and it's hard to find since few places carry it. I'm not an Amazon type, so I just gave up and have been using Breakfree CLP. I'm also almost out of Ballistol - similar story.

Eezox works great preventing rust. Ballistol I use only because it's old school. I've used it on leather, canvas and wood. It just shocks me being like some miracle oil. Every now and then I lubricate a firearm with it just for the heck of it. For a single range session it works as good as any other lubricant.

If anyone knows where to get these things - toss some links. The places I've found where it's reasonably priced are out of stock.

Not sure what is considered "reasonably priced" for this stuff, but Walmart.com, of all places, carries it, for less than Amazon, and with free shipping. Here's a link: https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=eezox

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post