SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    First all nickel sig. A P245
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First all nickel sig. A P245 Login/Join 
posted

Picked up a P245 nickel this week. This makes my third 245. This pistol is not as popular as most but I am a fan of the P245.

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
That’s nice! Congrats and enjoy your new toy!

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
This pistol is not as popular as most but I am a fan of the P245.

I'm a fan as well. I think it's one of the finest compact 45s you can buy. Very underrated.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
A good old German SIG, and in Nickel, too. What's not to like? Cool

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! If I hadn't picked up too many collector items this month, I would have given you a harder run. I know you will enjoy it.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
That looks awesome Blue Dog!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
one of the few P series pistols I've wanted but don't have yet. Congrats! That's a superb pistol.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
nice!! I had one in nickel back in the very early 2000s I think.. I liked the 245 but the grip was a lil small for my hands unfortunately.

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Have Camera - Will Travel
Wire Gonzo, Far Bombay
posted Hide Post
Until I decided to back out of the .45ACP altogether, the P245 was my regular daily carry. I found it to be the perfect fit for my small hand and very concealable and easy to shoot.

Sometimes good people have to do bad things to bad people to prevent bad people from doing bad things to good people.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.-Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 3093 | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Congrats on acquiring that beauty.

Until my retarded agency dropped it from the list of acceptable BUG's, I happily carried mine in concert with my P220 for obvious reasons. It is a superb and well balanced little compact .45, possibly the best of its breed. The P220C that replaced it feels like a brick by comparison and I absolutely hate the stupid rail. Completely unnecessary on a weapon of this type.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
congratulations on a nice addition.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. I am curious, is that one of of the "1of75" special custom shop models that came out many years ago? I used to own # 73 of 75 and when my wife had a stroke, and found she needed a heart transplant i had to sell it. They were beautiful.
enjoy

Posts: 710 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunnitt:
Congratulations. I am curious, is that one of of the "1of75" special custom shop models that came out many years ago? I used to own # 73 of 75 and when my wife had a stroke, and found she needed a heart transplant i had to sell it. They were beautiful.
enjoy

Not a custom shop and no number on it.

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a great looking pistol!

Posts: 132 | Location: PA | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmw
posted Hide Post
I loved the form factor, but it was the only Sig I had that would jam. I did not keep it.

Posts: 510 | Location: ohio, usa | Registered: December 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cokehockey
posted Hide Post
That's a beautiful gun. I'd be itching to see how some nice wood grips would look on it. Still waiting to find my first all nickel Sig.

Posts: 102 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by gunnitt:
enjoy

Not a custom shop and no number on it.

Congrats on your find! Maybe you'll get lucky and run into one of these for P245 #4? I acquired mine when these first came out and am happy with it. In any variation, the P245 is an excellent example of Sig quality.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
I have number 32. They are a work of art

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I had forgotten about that model. I wanted one about 15 years ago but for some reason I never acquired it. That’s a nice looking pistol!

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
couldn't get my hands on a 245 but I did manage a 220 compact SAS.

You get about what you pay for in this world, be it guns, autos, whiskey or clothes. Start with the best gun you can afford.
- Elmer Keith

Posts: 49 | Location: VT | Registered: March 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post