SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Reflex sight for 22/45
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reflex sight for 22/45 Login/Join 
Living a strange life
Picture of jonrem
posted
Hey guys, The kids are finally getting old (and responsible) enough that I am going to introduce them to pistol shooting. I just ordered a Ruger 22/45 lite with top rail and wanted a fairly durable and light optic for plinking in the back yard or out in the woods.

I’m trying not to break the bank, but don’t mind paying a little bit more for quality. I know that the quality and durability of these style sights have improved considerably over the past few years, I just haven’t kept up.

Thank you kindly.

Posts: 442 | Location: Central TN | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Really like the Burris Fastfire III for this.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I think you'd be fine with a fastfire or a vortex viper on a 22.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
I have a Vortex Venom on my MK IV Tactical, and a shooting buddy has a Burris Fast Fire on his. Both are great choices.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
I'm using a Vortex Viper on my Browning Buckmark. It has been excellent.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have a specific one to suggest. I will suggest two things to look for. Easy to replace battery without removing entire sight and easy to sight in adjustments. I have an older DeltaPoint that I friggin hate because it sucks on both counts. RMR is much better in that regard, but has a smaller darker window. Good luck.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living a strange life
Picture of jonrem
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses everyone. I think I might just flip a coin - or at least see which one I can get the best deal on. In my limited research, there are things I like and dislike about both, but either should serve me well on a kids plinker.

Posts: 442 | Location: Central TN | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
I have a couple inexpensive ones that will work on a 22. If you want to try one send me info and I will be happy to help the kids out. Email in profile.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living a strange life
Picture of jonrem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmnut:
I have a couple inexpensive ones that will work on a 22. If you want to try one send me info and I will be happy to help the kids out. Email in profile.

Wow! The folks on this forum never cease to impress me. Thank you for your very kind offer. After my last post I watched some YouTube reviews and ordered a 6MOA Venom. I think it was the right choice for what we are planning to do. Thanks again all.