SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Magazine Compatability P250/P320
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magazine Compatability P250/P320 Login/Join 
posted
Sorry, I could not find this information with the search tool. I'm sure it's been discussed.

I have several magazines I bought for a P250 Compact. It works great in 250's. It will not fit properly in a compact P320. I suspect a base plate issue. If that is true, will the magazines fit properly in a subcompact frame? Are base plates available to make them function in both weapons?

The answer may help me decide between a new P250 or P320. I am leaning towards the 250 at this point, but I really like both guns.

Thanks!

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
P250C frames went through a change and the baseplate is the issue.

Let me see if I can google it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
^^^Well there you go. Basically the Gen 1 P250s had a different baseplate. You can swap out baseplates that'll work with the P320 but then you'll need a new Gen 2 P250 frame to accommodate.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RHINO-

Thanks, you're great! I hate to say it but I never would have understood without pictures. The mags have the old style base plate. The frames are all the new style, with the cutout. The magazines are all old style, flat base plate. When I put the old style mags in the shorter SC frames, it works fine. So, I need to order some new style base plates, when I get around to it.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, let's ask another since I'm on a roll. I have a P250 old style compact frame module. If I cut the bottom quarter inch or so, will it accept both types of mags, and just stick out a bit? My objective is to have a near compact model that is compatible with both old and new style mags.

posted Hide Post
You could probably just relieve a few areas on the bottom of the old-style grip so that it will accept both old and new mag baseplates.

Then we'll need pictures. Smile

Posts: 1351 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post