SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Replacement Cap for Romeo 1 Sight?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replacement Cap for Romeo 1 Sight? Login/Join 
Picture of LibertyLad
posted
Well, I took my brand new P320RX to the farm for some shooting. Tightened the battery cap with the plastic screwdriver (before reading, here, that such was a problem). Anyway, you guessed it. Somewhere through the 2nd mag, the cap came loose and fell into the weeds. After 60 minutes of searching on my knees (not much fun for a Medicare guy), I gave up trying to find the battery cap. Figured somebody might sell a replacement cap but am having no luck in locating them on the web. Could one of you kind (and search-proficient) souls point me in the right direction so I can buy a replacement (I promise, I'll tighten this one with a real screwdriver). Many thanks in advance

Posts: 35 | Location: Missouri | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
You are going to have to call SIG on that one as I seriously doubt anyone other than them will have availability for such an item, sorry.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig should just send or sell you one. The Romeo sights were originally made by another company but I think. though not sure that Sig now makes them so they should have parts. If the CS rep you get says it isn't a warranty issue and won't help, hang up wait a day and call back to get someone else.

Posts: 241 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LibertyLad
posted Hide Post
Well, Sig wouldn't sell me a new battery cap. But they were more than happy to GIVE me one even though I was the one who didn't torque down the cap properly. Paul in customer service was absolutely awesome. I guess this just reinforces my decisions (7 of them) to buy Sigs in the past. "Customer service" for most companies is a real misnomer these days...but not with this company (and no, I don't work for them; I'm an ambulance-chasing, blood-sucking lawyer)

Posts: 35 | Location: Missouri | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How dare they treat you in that manner when this is clearly your fault. Big Grin

May I make the following suggestion. When I got my first Rx I had the same issue with the cap loosening up until I torqued it down properly. After I got the cap torqued down I took a silver paint marker and drew a line across the cap onto the body of the optic so that I had a witness mark that would indicate any movement of the cap. The cap hasn't moved since but I also have the piece of mind knowing it hasn't moved.

ETA: This isn't mine but it would look something like this.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LibertyLad
posted Hide Post
Excellent idea (much better than buying a mini-torque wrench)!