SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Legion Coins
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Legion Coins Login/Join 
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted
If you own a Sig Legion - What did you do with the coin they sent you when you registered your Legion?

I have left mine in the case they sent it in. I was trying to think of something to do them them?

Just curious...

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'll sell you mine so yours doesn't get lonely.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20807 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Put it on Fleabay and sell for thousands.

Q

Posts: 26332 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
How about starting a new trend and having it surgically implanted under the skin on your forehead? Smile Smile J/K, mine is still in the case too.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Put it on a belt buckle.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Give it to the guys from Orange County Choppers so theyt can get back together and build a Sig Legion Chopper....

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

I like this idea! I was excited for the case but couldn't care less about the coin..

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't realize that the coin was specific to the particular pistol until I bought my second P226 Legion, a SAO. Both of mine are in the case, which is still in the original packaging. I bought my Legion pistols NOT because of the marketing, but because of the features.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
I didn't realize that the coin was specific to the particular pistol until I bought my second P226 Legion, a SAO. Both of mine are in the case, which is still in the original packaging. I bought my Legion pistols NOT because of the marketing, but because of the features.

Me too. In fact, I bought my Legion in SPITE of the silly-arse marketing. I gave the coin to my 10 year old nephew.

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

I like this idea! I was excited for the case but couldn't care less about the coin..

I don't even use the case. It sits on the closet shelf with all by other gun cases.

I just posted this because I was looking for one of my other gun cases and I saw the Legion cases and remembered the coins.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The case is nicely constructed. It doesn't have a handle though. Makes it nearly worthless to me. Good for storage, that's about it.

Posts: 7445 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put it on a gold chain so I can wear it with my shiny shirts and expose my manly hairy chest.

In truth, I compared the 226 Tacops to the Legion and preferred the Tacops.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Leave it in the case with all the other paraphernalia that being in the Legion entrails (wrong word?). You just know that some OCD dumb fuck 50 years after your great grand kids are dead and buried will pay HUGE money for the complete kit...assuming that they still use money by then. Might even be highlighted on Antiques Roadshow...assuming that PBS even exists by then.

Just a thought.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
They make different coins for each model so folks who live in other countries (Kalifornia) can have something from the Legion series...

Posts: 9139 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Just leave it in the case with the decoder ring. The set will be worth thousands in a few yearsWink

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:
I have left mine in the case they sent it in. I was trying to think of something to do them them?

Just leave it in the case.

Look how whipped up people now get over the test targets that came with older Sig's.

To some it will make a difference in resale.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use it as "trophy" for my monthly range challenges with my dad. It has been in my possession since we started this little game.

Posts: 4 | Registered: April 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigblu1:
I use it as "trophy" for my monthly range challenges with my dad. It has been in my possession since we started this little game.

Perfect use for it. Maybe could also be used as a dealer button for poker game.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20807 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sig Legion Coin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16181 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Is that thing MIM? Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post