SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    G45 limp wrist (positive)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G45 limp wrist (positive) Login/Join 
posted
I sold my G45 to a very nice older gentleman that wanted a Glock for self defense, he asked me to show him how to properly care for it and how to shoot it. I took him to the range and did the firearms safety rules and then when to show him how to properly grip the gun, all though that I emphasize good grip he did not hold on to it very well and I did not want him to make it malfunction due to bad grip. In the end the G45 function 100% and I was impress as I seen not just Glock but others too malfunction due to improper grip when novice gun owners don't hold on to the gun correctly, he had a good time getting to know his firearm and I'm confident that his G45 will serve him well.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
I haven’t been able to make a glock malfunction even with just my thumb on the backstrap and finger on the trigger. The gun fired, cycled and fell to the desert dirt.

I never believed the whole limp wrist thing (because I could never do it) until an old girlfriend from many moons ago stopped firing my P226. When I asked what was wrong she said “it jammed”. WTF?? Yep - weak grip.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could limp wrist my g29 with ease, so much that it was a real problem, but then again it was a 10mm.. sold it to a buddy who is a big beefy dude and he has no problems. I replaced it with a G20 and all is good

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Have a friend whose wife has a Gen4 G19, both of them are able to limpwrist it resulting in stovepipes.

I tried to limpwrist it & couldn't get it malfunction. Confused

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a buddy that can induce a limp wrist failure at will. Oh, not intentionally...not his will. If you want a limp wrist malfunction, just hand him the gun. He’s also one of those way-back-leaners. Despite my repeated coaching, it’s what he does.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Proper lube on the gun matters. People that subscribe to the “wet q tip” scale of lubrication will have more problems with Glock pistols malfunctioning.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you mean those who use too much, or too little?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Proper lube on the gun matters. People that subscribe to the “wet q tip” scale of lubrication will have more problems with Glock pistols malfunctioning.

I have to disagree, most handgun lubricants are very thin and don't stay on long when you are shooting for extended periods of time. I don't purposely run my Glocks dry but it happens and during thousands of rounds I seen very few malfunctions but non of them due to lubrication, I like to investigate when I experience a malfunction and 99% of the time I have been able to determine the cause. I do advocate for proper lubrication of all firearms and reasonable cleaning, everybody has different perception but good maintenance and cleaning goes a long way.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
The only pistol I've ever been able to limp wrist was a brand new Glock 19.... did see my sister in law limp wrist one of my Ruger P95s but I never could get them to malfunction... and I would hold them loose.

with that said, would it not really be the elbow and not the wrist that causes the malfunction?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Depends on the gun and how broken in it is I suspect. My 12 year old boy and 16 year old daughter both fired my Gen3 19 without a single malfunction, and it had a lot of travel with both of them.

When a buddy bought a brand new Gen4 26 every other round was a jam. I could see he wasn’t firm gripping it and rattled off a full mag without issue. He tightened it up and figured it out quickly.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I use grease on all my glocks. Barrel and rails. Slide glide lite. Despite all the light oilers saying it will gunk up or induce failure. Matter of fact I use grease on everything.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post