SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Canick pistols, anyone have experience with them? Got one!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canick pistols, anyone have experience with them? Got one! Login/Join 
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
I’d spend a few bucks more and just get a walther vs the Turkish clone

Too late now....

Alreight now post a picture of the groups!!

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Note that a few bucks in this case is almost twice the price (depending on exact models.)

quote:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of friends that really speak highly of them. No personal experience with one though.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a Canick TP9 FS Elite. It is very comfortable to hold, has a great trigger,recoil is minimal, it's reliable and the price is very good.
I went to buy a CZ, and the counterman at my LGS talked me into the Canick. So far 250 rounds thru it, with no fails.

Posts: 43 | Location: Hilton Head Island, SC | Registered: August 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I got the total up to 450 yesterday. The combination of the trigger pull its reset and the Viper red dot make this gun really fast to hit (or miss) my steel plates.
At 12-15 yards I'm able to run the dueling tree much quicker than my usual time. And from the start there hasn't been a single issue. All rounds so far is 124 gr GECO ammo. I'll be trying other ammo and weights when the weather clears up.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BloodyThumb
posted Hide Post
Somehow I have managed to amass 3 of them. 2 are full size TP9SF and one Elite.

One of the full size is probably getting close to 2k rounds. It is my POV gun and occasional (VERY occasional) "loaner". The other is an FDE that I wound up with in a trade. It is probably still under 500 rounds.

The Elite is my favorite. I have no idea how many rounds through that one. A bunch. That one stays in my gear bag as a second backup and usually gets taken when hiking / camping.

I am just as comfortable with 2 of the 3 Canicks as with my Glocks, but neither Glocks nor Canicks are my first choice. I do not include the other full size, just because of the lower round count. I have not had issues with it.

I cannot speak for any Canick other than these, but they have been rock solid. I have replaced recoil springs only.

On the other hand.. for those who value the finish on their gun more than the skin on their backside.... the finish on the full size guns has not held up that well. If finish wear will keep you from practicing or going out in public... this might not be a good fashion choice. Personally, I think they look good tattered and worn.

Springs, parts and holsters are not the easiest to find.

I think they are one of the better value per buck guns I have personally spent any time with.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BloodyThumb,

Thanks,
BT

Seek out those called “experts” by the ones who have earned your respect. Avoid those who publicly proclaim themselves as one. Especially if they are selling T-shirts.

Posts: 167 | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:

I lusted after the Walther PPQ M2 Q5 Match when it first came out. I tried one out and liked it.
However, I bought the Canik instead and prefer it to the original Walther, that its a copy of.
I use it to compete with and the extra five rounds in the mag mean a lot to me because of that. I have no clue why Walther decided to stay with a 15 round mag in today's competition environment.
One of the guys that I shoot with, has a Q5 and after trying out the trigger on my Canik, he bought an aftermarket trigger kit (Apex).
I still prefer my trigger. It is not as mushy and it is way more predictable than his Walther.

The Canik is cheaper than the Walther and the magazines are quite a bit lower priced.
Don't get me wrong, I like Walther pistols and my carry pistol is a PPS M2.
However, all things considered, my personal opinion is that The Canik is a better pistol overall than the Walther and the price is quite a bit lower.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post