SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Canick pistols, anyone have experience with them? Got one!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canick pistols, anyone have experience with them? Got one! Login/Join 
Picture of Nframe
posted
I held one today at the local shop it was the competition model with the RMR ready slide about the size of the Glock 34. Damn it felt good in my hand and the trigger and reset felt great!
I’m just looking for some feedback on them and such.
I may just pick it up early next year.

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nframe,

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
Hey Chris! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

They are great guns for the money. If you go to mrgunandgear, he has done a bunch of honest reviews of them.

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I know someone with two of them. He's been shooting the piss out of them for about a year and so far, so good. They don't have the aftermatket support of a Glock, Sig, or S&W, but they appear to be quite dependable.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun Supply:
Hey Chris! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

They are great guns for the money. If you go to mrgunandgear, he has done a bunch of honest reviews of them.

Tom, hey my friend! Good to hear from you and thanks for the information!
Y’all have a great Christmas!!

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
I know someone with two of them. He's been shooting the piss out of them for about a year and so far, so good. They don't have the aftermatket support of a Glock, Sig, or S&W, but they appear to be quite dependable.

Thank you. Good to know.

Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
I had a TP9SFX Combat Elite. It was very reliable, easy to field strip, and had the best trigger of any striker fired gun I have fired (Glock, S&W. Springfield, FN, etc.). Something else caught my eye, and I ended up trading it away.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
I have a TP9SFX.
It has the best and most predictable trigger of all my centerfire pistols. It allows me to stage the trigger and fire a shot exactly when I want to.
I've had it for about three years now and have used it to compete in our clubs steel matches.
It is very accurate and reliable.
I've had it fire over a thousand rounds without cleaning (several times).

Whats not to like:
Excellent trigger with an incredible reset.
20+1 round capacity
100% reliability
Very accurate

Its a lot of gun for the money.

Someone at my club said something about parts availability.
I said; "they're so inexpensive that if one breaks, I'll just go buy another".

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Like Mr. XL above I have the same model. Echo all the same about it. I haven't had it out lately but it has been rock solid. Feels great in your hand. I have a friend who shoots his a lot , including many competitions. He is a very good shot and thinks highly of his Canik.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2761 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I haven’t looked into magazines yet. Are they easy enough to get? I’m really leaning to getting the one I held next week

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I like mine a lot, but it's a range toy.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I have one. I've owned hundreds of pistols, and in my honest opinion, its a world class pistol.

Some of the marketing says that the pistols were designed as military pistols, and were designed to fire 50,000 rounds without a single parts breakage or spring replacement needed. And I believe it. From my own perspective, they are durable, well made, excellent firearms.

You wont find a better pistol for the money.

The magazines are readily available and easy to find.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a lot of gun for the money. You can't go wrong with either the TP9SFX or TP9SFL .

Posts: 656 | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I owned one for a short time. If you pushed left with your trigger finger as you pulled the trigger, the gun wouldn't fire. Unacceptable for a defensive pistol.

A police trade in p226 or p229 is in the 350-400 range. I cannot imagine picking a Canik over a used Sig.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cous2492:
I owned one for a short time. If you pushed left with your trigger finger as you pulled the trigger, the gun wouldn't fire. Unacceptable for a defensive pistol.

A police trade in p226 or p229 is in the 350-400 range. I cannot imagine picking a Canik over a used Sig.
I've heard that compliant before but mine does not do that. The only time it will not fire is if you grab the side of the trigger and don't push the dingus in.
As far as choosing it over a Sig, it depends on what model Sig you're talking about. If it was a choice between the P320 and a Canik SFX or Elite Combat, it would be a tough choice.
Canik pistols are striker fired so you can't really compare them to Sig's DA/SA pistols.
The reset and the trigger pull even beats the Walther Q5 Match.

Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
I haven’t looked into magazines yet. Are they easy enough to get? I’m really leaning to getting the one I held next week

Magazines for my TP9SFX were $25 from Century.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xl_target:
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:

Magazines for my TP9SFX were $25 from Century.

Yeah mags are about the same price as Glock mags new and shouldn’t have any problems finding them

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post

TP9 SFx. I put 300 rounds through it this afternoon. The trigger was amazing! And with the Viper red dot I was having a great time!!

posted Hide Post
I have one also with about 1500 rds thru it-great gun at a super price--big hidden secret.

Posts: 31 | Location: grove city ohio | Registered: August 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d spend a few bucks more and just get a walther vs the Turkish clone

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
I’d spend a few bucks more and just get a walther vs the Turkish clone

Too late now....