SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger releasing 7-shot versions of the GP100
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger releasing 7-shot versions of the GP100 Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You know, for all the "Well, I would be interested if it was a ________" posters, have you considered that the groundwork for those variants is now laid in a reasonably solid choice for a market entrant in the GP100? Who's to say those variants you're imagining aren't next on their list?

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
As my mother would say: "From your lips to God's ears!" Smile

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
What I want is a LCRx 3" in .357

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
You know, for all the "Well, I would be interested if it was a ________" posters, have you considered that the groundwork for those variants is now laid in a reasonably solid choice for a market entrant in the GP100? Who's to say those variants you're imagining aren't next on their list?

But of course. Ruger isn't any less shy than say, SIG Sauer, in doing many, many variations of its popular models. And I have the feeling that the 7-round GP100 will likely supplant the 6-round guns, just like how that config has pretty much happened with the core versions of the S&W 686. Though I've ordered in both the 2.5" (though honestly, this one makes little sense to me given how great the 3" config has been for previous GPs) and 4.2" for the shop, the one I still lust for is one with the 5" barrel. Two years of living with my 5" 6-rounder has convinced me that it's THE ideal 357MAG barrel length for me.

Now Ruger just needs to make it happen.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I didn't think I was going to "need" another gun this year!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

The frames look MUCH beefier than the 6-shot versions.

I just fondled one yesterday, and that same thing occurred to me. However, I wasn't bright enough to ask for a standard GP to compare it with, LOL. They had plenty on-hand.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
VictorLouis, where have you been for the past 15 years?

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Handsome Stranger:
This is a seven-shot six-shooter, and I had it especially made.

Big Grin

Villain, 1979

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I'll wait and see what they're selling for at the stores. That 4.2" would make for a nice addition for me.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I want the 2.5 inch. Cuz.....cuz....well reasons. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be happy with a 5 shot if I could get one chambered in .44 magnum...

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
I would be happy with a 5 shot if I could get one chambered in .44 magnum...

This makes more sense to me as well.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Any body have one yet? I can neither confirm nor deny that I ordered one!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread makes me want to buy an 8 shot Redhawk. lol

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
Definitely interested in the 7 shot GP100. Have come close to purchasing the 686-7 a few times, but would like to stick with Ruger to go with my SP101.

A 3" Wiley Clapp with their sights and I'll get one for sure

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1049 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BucFan:
Definitely interested in the 7 shot GP100. Have come close to purchasing the 686-7 a few times, but would like to stick with Ruger to go with my SP101.

A 3" Wiley Clapp with their sights and I'll get one for sure

A 3" could entice me also. 2.5", I'll stick with my old S&W 19.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They just announced a 7 shot GP 100 in .327 Federal as well. This is a homerun in my opinion

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post