SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do all P226's have Stainless Steel Slides?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do all P226's have Stainless Steel Slides? Login/Join 
Picture of ducatiti
posted
Reason I ask is because my new P226 Scorpion does not have the wording "stainless" stamped on my slide?

Posts: 56 | Registered: June 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I believe all P226 and P229 have stainless slides though they may be finished in other colors. The P220 for many years as well.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ducatiti:
Due all P226's have Stainless Steel Slides?

Reason I ask is because my new P226 Scorpion does not have the wording "stainless" stamped on my slide?

Not all have SS slides. Original ones had the folded carbon steel slides with the separate breech block.
Then, when SIG started the SS slide P226s, the slides originally had "stainless" marked on the them. But a few years later, they no longer marked them "stainless", although we know they are stainless, as indicated by their one-piece construction, as opposed to the 2-piece construction of the carbon steel slides.

Btw, your Scorpion has the stainless slide.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
In short, all 40/357 SIG Slides for P226s are stainless, regardless if they are marked as such.

Older 9MM P226s were carbon steel, newer ones are stainless and have been for a good number of years.

The marking was dropped, as Q mentioned above.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

A quick way to tell, visually, if you are looking on Gunbroker or otherwise online and you only see the side view, is to look at the "notch" at the front of the slide. You cannot mill a perfectly square corner, and if it is it's an older folded stamped slide. If it is rounded, then it is a milled stainless:

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post