SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Vortex Venom Iron Sight Issue and Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vortex Venom Iron Sight Issue and Question Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted
So I decided to build a custom Glock and I rather like what I ended up with. I got a slide that was already milled for a red dot and I decided to go with a Vortex Venom. At the time, I couldn't find a premade sight that would accommodate a SIG Romeo 1, and besides price vs. Trijicon RMRs, I really wanted a red dot that had a top loading battery. I didn't want to deal with battery flicker and, more importantly, I don't want to take the red dot off the slide to just replace the battery.

Long story short, I have this problem:

I have the Ameriglo AME-GL329 Suppressor Height Sights. They're not tall enough. Simple question is what set of night sights do I need to buy to get a co-witness. I looked at Dawsons, but the only sets they recommend for this red dot are either all black or fiber only. Anyway, if you guys can answer this down below with part numbers so I can get the right one, I would appreciate it.

Posts: 4164 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Try the Dawson Glock MOS Sights...theybare taller

https://dawsonprecision.com/da...similar-scope-bases/

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Too short. I found this one that will fit:

https://dawsonprecision.com/co...similar-scope-bases/

However, they don't make one that size with tritium inserts.

Posts: 4164 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
It might be easier to replace the Vortex. Docter optics mini red dots and Burris Fast Fires share the same mounts and are shorter.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure the Docters would be out, but does the Fast Fires have top loading batteries? How are they as far as reliability goes? I've had a positive experience with Vortex, but the Viper (while smaller) doesn't have the top loading battery.

Worth some digging around...

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The FF3 is a top load. I have one and havent had any issues at the range. Non of these mid tier mini red dots are what I would call super rugged. I have 3 Trijicon RMR’s, a Burris FF2, a FF3, and a Vortex Venmo. I only carry the Trijicons. They should call the Venom and the FF’s orange dots not red dots.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I think I found a set. TruGlo TG231G1MW. They're MOS sights and according to TruGlo, these should work. The rear is .495" and the front is .401." If that doesn't do it, the Venom is getting sold because that's ridiculous.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Where is the button to call in a resupply or airstrike? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Kidding aside, nice firearm. Hope you get the sights sorted out.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The voodoo slide looks like it’s cut pretty shallow too which isn’t helping

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Where is the button to call in a resupply or airstrike? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Kidding aside, nice firearm. Hope you get the sights sorted out.

Don't need an airstrike on my own house if something goes bump. Still waiting on the IR Laser and Night Vision rig so I can paint the local kids that want to knock over my trash at night... Big Grin