SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Are the Kel-Tec P32s any good? *Updated With Photo Page 1 Intro Post*
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are the Kel-Tec P32s any good? *Updated With Photo Page 1 Intro Post* Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted
I bought a tan colored Kel-Tec P32 a few days ago.
However, I was a bit shocked at the low price and am now wondering about it's quality and reliability.

I mainly bought it because it's so much lighter than my Seecamp and has an extra round of ammunition capacity.

Does anyone have any experience with these?

Here is a photo of my new Kel-Tec P32.
Apparently my body threw some shadows on the magazine. It is all one color blued finish.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lbj,

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31421 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife has one. Its definitely in the shoot a little carry a lot category. I hate it but she can shoot it just fine. Her's had a bit of an issue initially but Keltec support was fine and sent me the parts I needed. After that reliability has been fine. Me personally I'd never pick one nor a seecamp but that's just me.
FWIW>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10991 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
http://www.guns.com/review/201...ight-years-of-carry/

I am not a huge fan of keltecs but I have never heard anything bad about them.

Ruger LCP's did go down in price from Ruger to around 220.00. I just bought a used one for 150.00 and saved some money

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
... but I have never heard anything bad about them.

And that was kind of my feeling at the time of purchase. But $210 bucks, seriously? I don't think I have ever bought an NIB firearm

I am a bit on the wimpy side physically these days (comparatively speaking) due to health reasons, so I decided that I needed to go lighter than my Seecamp for back pocket carry.

That said, the Seecamp runs about 15oz fully loaded and the Kel-Tec P32 comes in at about 9oz. That is quite a weight savings.

But yeah, I know, I replaced a mouse gun with another mouse gun.

posted Hide Post
I have had one for awhile like 10 years. Never had any issues and is really comfortable to carry. Only draw back I had was thinking that the clip ould work in the pants. I use it very rarely like that clip it to a pair of shorts for a trip to the store, otherwise it isnt so great. IMHO.

Posts: 373 | Registered: September 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I have a P3AT and have had zero issues.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P32's had some problems with 'rim lock'. Kel-Tec added a spacer in the mag to solve the issues they were experiencing.

You can add a plus 1 kit to the mag, if you want a little more grip length. They also have 10 round mags available.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
There are no spacers present in my mags.
I did see the spacers for sale on the company website though.
My Seecamp has spacers.

I am hoping it will be reliable with late 1990s Winchester Silvertips. I have like 500 on hand from when ammo was way cheaper than it is today.

Guess I will have to test them.

The journey is
the destination.
Picture of newcatwalt
posted Hide Post
I purchased a P32 a couple months ago and shot the piss out of it. No problems. Very reliable. Soft shooting. I liked it so much I went out and bought a Ruger LCP which is basically a quality scaled up .380 version of the P32. The LCP has noticeably more recoil but it's manageable. I like the LCP so much I retired the P32. I would have NO QUALMS carrying either one as my concealed carry pistol.

Obviously, my requirements for concealed carry will be different than many others on this forum so you don't need to rag on me about how inadequate the above two pistols and calibers are for self defense.

-------------------------------------------
Life is tough... it's tougher if you're stupid.

Posts: 982 | Location: Las Vegas / Henderson, NV | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Keltec P32 and a Seecamp

Have owned both for years

Never a problem.

The kel eats any 32's i feed her. The seecamp will not do that

Posts: 2232 | Location: GA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a p32 before the LCP's came out. I liked it a lot and it was very easy to shoot and reliable. As small and light as the LCP is, which I own now, that P32 was even less. Rim lock can be avoided if you're careful how you load the cartridges in the magazine.

Posts: 1396 | Location: King of Prussia PA | Registered: September 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Do the Keltecs have the same "double reset" triggers like the LCPs?

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
1990s Winchester Silvertips

Yes, you have to test them. I do not know if they will fit the bill for you. Fiocchi Extrema if HP. Geco and Fiocchi if FMJ. CorBon is good, Buffalo Bore will kick noticeably more.

For larger fingers.

For hands to go along with the larger fingers.

Bob's been a fan for decades. Liked it so much, he carried two. With CorBon.

The dedicated forum.

Btw. If concerned about the oomph of a .32 ACP round, try this for fun. Grab a .32 and a .380 (same brand, both FMJ) and shoot one round of each through a wooden door. It's like magic.

Yours should be Gen. 2. The extractor has a screw. Don't mess with it unless you have problems extracting.

No particular need to worry about rimlock with Geco or Fiocchi FMJ. And if you happen to find Hirtenberger, well, you are all set.

KT .32s have a life expectancy of 3,000 rounds + -. It is not a target nor a range pistol. Fifteen yards in, it makes more than noise. The yuuge sights are the giveaway.

HTH

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I had one for about 3-4 years. We hoped it would be small enough for on-body carry for her, but that didn't work out. We put a total of 700-750 rds through it; I shot most of those. It had frequent failures to feed, with multiple OEM magazines, even when clean, properly lubed, fed high quality FMJ ammo, and held with a solid grip, even after break-in. The gun shot nowhere near point of aim, even at ranges of only 5 yards. I don't recommend them. They are cheap for a reason.

Posts: 286 | Location: Erath County, Texas | Registered: August 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several KelTecs: P40, P11, PF9, PMR 30, P3AT, P32. Never a problem with any of them.

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Mine has no spacers and has been very reliable. I like the gun for what it is and have had no FTE or FTF. I do keep clean and very lightly lubed.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they are good for someone who wants to carry a very small handgun. I bought one years ago when they first appeared and carried it when my S&W Sigma 380 was too big or heavy. I always found shooting it awkward because it is so small and thin. Several years ago my daughter obtained her CHL and wanted a very small gun, so I gave her my Kel-Tec P32, and she thinks it's great. It is small enough for her to carry consistently, and she shoots it well. (For me, any of the 380 pistols that are about the same size as the Kel-Tec P32 just have too much recoil. Some people can handle it - I can't.)

Posts: 61 | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Carry a lot, shoot very little is a good description. I had two P32 pistols that never gave me any issues, including the rim lock so frequently reported. However, I prefer my SEECAMP.

I also had two P3AT pistols of the second generation design. Both were very problematic to the point I got rid of them. I was glad to see RUGER came out with the LCP, which is much better ergonomically and cosmetically.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I've been wanting one but never seem to come across any.

Are the naa pistols any good? My lgs has one for 250.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
I've been wanting one but never seem to come across any.

Are the naa pistols any good? My lgs has one for 250.

The older Silvertips should work fine. WINCHESTER changed the overall length at some point.

The NAA pistols are built like little tanks in all three calibers which I've owned. Of the three calibers my favorite was the more powerful .32naa built on the slightly larger .380acp frame. But the .32acp is still quite hefty compared to a KELTEC P32/P3AT or RUGER LCP.

The real draw back to the NAA pistols is their weight since they're built in all stainless. They're easy to disassemble, reliable and cosmetically appealing. There's lots of options and accessories available for them through the factory.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: az4783054,

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post