SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any PDs carrying a 320?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any PDs carrying a 320? Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
The US Park Police are carrying it (9mm), and the National Park Service is issuing it to new officers. Current Rangers have the option to stick with the Classic line (P220, P226, P229 in 9, 40, and 45), but from here forward, it will be all 320 9mm's.

A number of Seasonal LE Rangers up my way are still issued good old P228's.

They get issued whatever individual parks have in the safe at HQ. P228's are the most common because that is what the NPS went with initially for the first year or so. After that, officers received their choice of 220, 225, 226, 228, and 229. Parks retained the several 228's for use by seasonals.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
Methuen MA PD

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My dept (Houston PD) about three academy classes ago required all cadets moving forward to carry a P320 9mm. Once the drop test failure surfaced, the dept opened the list again to add the Glock 17/19 and the M&P 9mm. All of the P320's officers had were traded out for new ones.

Posts: 322 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
quote:
The US Park Police are carrying it (9mm), and the National Park Service is issuing it to new officers. Current Rangers have the option to stick with the Classic line (P220, P226, P229 in 9, 40, and 45), but from here forward, it will be all 320 9mm's.

A number of Seasonal LE Rangers up my way are still issued good old P228's.

They get issued whatever individual parks have in the safe at HQ. P228's are the most common because that is what the NPS went with initially for the first year or so. After that, officers received their choice of 220, 225, 226, 228, and 229. Parks retained the several 228's for use by seasonals.

Friend of mine is a Chief Ranger at a site in Missouri for the NPS. He had a Seasonal who wanted at P220 and he got sent a brand new one. Last full time LE Ranger at the Park near me had a P228. They still have a lot around which is neat to see.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post