SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any PDs carrying a 320?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any PDs carrying a 320? Login/Join 
posted
Any police agencies carrying them? If something else was chosen, why? We're going to it after an evaluation of several candidates.

Proverbs 21:31

Posts: 450 | Registered: September 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read that quite a few left other platforms and went to the 320, Hawaii, Virginia.

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
We have them, and like them. Most of the agencies in our county are switching to them, mostly from classic DA/SA or DAK Sigs.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you jump on thefirearmsblog you can find articles on various agencies adopting the 320. There have been a number of adoptions lately. There are articles that mention Tampa PD, Dallas PD, Texas DPS, Jacksonsvile PD and several others.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Euless PD, a suburb between Dallas and Fort Worth traded their P220's for 320's. Still chambered in .45ACP - reviews have been positive.

Posts: 489 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ohsheepdog:
Any police agencies carrying them?

Lots.

There's no comprehensive list available, though.

Here's a partial list I found as of early 2017, but it's at least 18 months old. There have been dozens/hundreds more ever since.

Seems like every week I see an announcement of another large agency adopting the P320, not to mention all the various agencies that don't make headlines.

Texas DPS
Oklahoma Highway Patrol
Hawaii DPS
West Valley City, UT PD
Columbia, SC PD
Novato, CA PD
Sanford, FL PD
Bedford County, TN Sheriff's Office
Pasco County, FL Sheriff's Office
Morris County, NJ Sheriff's Office
Roscommon County, MI Sheriff’s Office
High Point, NC PD
Methuen, MA PD
Westford, MA PD
Jacksonville, AR PD
Hooksett, NH PD
Mishawaka, IN PD
University of Cincinnati PD
Glade Spring, VA PD
Howell, NJ PD
Chester, OH PD
North Miami, FL PD
Stanislaus County, CA Probation
Laredo, TX PD
Ames, IA PD
Lehigh County, PA Sheriff’s Office
Hudson, NH PD
Manchester, NH PD
Scott County, IA Sheriff's Office
Story County, IA Sheriff's Office

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Virginia State Police is switching from P229 to P320, while retaining 357 Sig caliber.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the Federal side, the Department of the Interior has adopted them and they employ several thousand officers. I had been carrying a P220 .45 for almost 2 decades prior. We started carrying P320s in the beginning of 2017 are allowed to use them in 9mm, .40S&W, or .45acp. I have been carrying a P320 9mm for about 6 months, but just got a one in .45acp and am seriously considering going back to .45.

Posts: 731 | Location: Midwest | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Bismarck ND PD just went to them in 9mm

Our county Deputies just went from 226 to 226 tacops

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seminole County (FL) Sheriff's Office is rolling them out in January. We have most of the holsters and half the guns.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Left out Epping NH pd.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
Left out Epping NH pd.

Brentwood, too, IIRC.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hooksett and Atkinson NH also

Posts: 442 | Location: people republic of Crapachusettes | Registered: September 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, as mentioned, that list is from 18 months ago. February 2017. And it was just a partial list at that time. There have been dozens/hundreds of others that have also adopted the P320.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Greensboro Police Department is on their 3rd batch of Sig 320s in 40 caliber and is in the process of going to the Glock 17 for patrol and the Glock 19 for plainclothes and Detectives.

They have had nothing but problems with their 320s and the admin has taken the decision to dump Sig.

I am told they suffered multiple FTFs and FTEs on subsequent batches of pistols. Sig replaced ALL the 320s - three times. The current academy class is using Glock 17s. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The US Park Police are carrying it (9mm), and the National Park Service is issuing it to new officers. Current Rangers have the option to stick with the Classic line (P220, P226, P229 in 9, 40, and 45), but from here forward, it will be all 320 9mm's.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
U.S. ICE has adopted the P320 9mm and is just starting the transition process from the P229R DAK 40.

Officers / Agents are getting a choice of three models:

A full size P320 FCU and slide with an X carry grip and 17 round magazines.

A compact /carry FCU and slide with an X carry grip and 17 round magazines.

A sub compact with 12 round magazines.

All will come with SIG X-ray sights with a U notch rear. The X carry grips will be availible in the standard / medium and a large.

There will be approximately 15,000 in service.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sf192nd
posted Hide Post
Loudoun County Sheriff's office in North Virginia in 9mm.

Posts: 646 | Registered: October 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Bismarck and Minot North Dakota PD as well as the North Dakota Highway Patrol have gone to them. All in 9mm.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
The US Park Police are carrying it (9mm), and the National Park Service is issuing it to new officers. Current Rangers have the option to stick with the Classic line (P220, P226, P229 in 9, 40, and 45), but from here forward, it will be all 320 9mm's.

A number of Seasonal LE Rangers up my way are still issued good old P228's.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post