SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Stacatto P duo RMR trade (Update 21 Aug 20, Made the trade)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stacatto P duo RMR trade (Update 21 Aug 20, Made the trade) Login/Join 
posted
So I a buddy with a Stacatto P Duo with RMR who offered it in trade for my LMT MWS. I love the rifle, but it is a pig and rarely gets shot.I also had shoulder surgery several years ago and as I get older, the 308 does not feel so good on the shoulder. What do you guys think of the Stacatto P Duo, and would you make that trade?

Thanks for any help in making this decision Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: usncorpsman,

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Will you get more use out of the staccato? Are you comfortable with or enjoy single action pistols?

Ultimately, if you can trade a gun that rarely, if ever, gets used for one that will get used and brings you more utility and enjoyment, then I say go for it!

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Staccato is a very nice pistol.
This might be a good trade for you.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes....I am very comfortable with a 1911 and have carried them for EDC many a day. The more I think it over, the more I am inclined to make the trade. It a size thing. That big ole 308 for a little bitty 9mm Big Grin. The STI however costs more than the LMT. Factor in the RMR and it’s a win on my end.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
A 2020 Staccato P, or a 2019? Although not earth shattering, there are differences in length, grip texture and mag well between the "old" and the "new".

I got my 2020 P right at the beginning of the shutdown, so I lost like 3 months of range time. I'm just under 1700 rounds through the gun, most of which are my 124gr JHP handloads, the rest of which were 90gr frangible (like 385 rounds worth) from a class, some HSTs, Gold Dots and I think 1 box of 115gr Lawman.

I've had 4 malfunctions to date, 3 or which were failures to feed, and probably the 4th one too. 2 came right in the first 200 rounds or so and were from the same mag. The most recent happened during a low light class, so I couldn't exactly see the malfunction, but it didn't respond to a tap/rack, and when I had it all cleared out, there were 2 unfired rounds on the ground. (And, TBH, I believe I had a mix of 90gr and 100gr frangible in the bottom of that mag because I accidentally grabbed a box from one of the SIG employee's private case and not the student case. I was worried something hinky might happen with the two loads mixed in, but maybe I'm just paranoid.)

Anywho, the gun has been very reliable in my limited experience with it, and it'll shoot pretty downloaded ammo with no problem. It runs just fine dirty, despite people saying you'll need to baby it. It's more than accurate, trigger is good, safety engagement is very positive. It has all the features I want, and nothing extraneous. Finish seems to be holding up perfectly well after a few thousand draws.

I don't have an RMR mounted yet, and actually plan to swap out the tall Dawsons for a regular height set.

Drawback is mags cost $50 each.

I carry mine every day appendix and am quite satisfied with it.

With an RMR, sounds like you've got a winning trade. My only concern would be not knowing what the future holds and wanting to stash that MWS for if the wrong guy gets elected.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you don't do the trade, the secondary market for used Staccatos is pretty strong. You don't see a lot of them listed.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would do this in a second, especially if you’re already resigning yourself to probably not shooting the rifle much anymore. I have a Staccato C2 on order and cannot wait to get it. The only reason I would consider holding onto that rifle is through the election, because you may have an investment piece there, but I really think the Staccato P is a winner of a gun and you will be very happy with the trade.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 811 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a time where a shop owner was making me a ridiculously good deal for my trade-in to the point where I refused because I felt like he was being cheated.

Ancillary effect was I replaced the a/c system at his house previously & actually returned some of his hard-earned cash because we came in under budget.

Relating to the deal, he said "When both parties walk away happy, its a good deal" That's my guiding principle on trades & acquisitions to this day. Smile

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1935 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you like the deal, it is a good deal. For me, I would do the trade, as you would have something you would use more than a safe queen,so to speak. They make some pretty sleek,sexy and functional guns.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
That rifle is sweet, but so is the Staccato. Honestly, I find more enjoyment out of 9mm pistols than any other platform, especially compared to 308 rifles, so yeah I’d trade that most likely. Heck I finally broke down and ordered a Staccato C2 yesterday so what’s that tell ya.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Just keep in mind that 9mm is approaching 50 cents a round. And the magazines are expensive for the staccato (although not nearly as expensive as they were).

I’ve shot the LMT.

I had a staccato P duo that I very much enjoyed that I sold when I needed money during the shutdown.

Virginia is trying desperately to adapt a mag capacity ban, and the staccato seemed like a waste to own if I could only have 10 round mags (single stack 9mm 1911s take 10 round mags, plus 10 round staccato mags are actually significantly more expensive than normal mags)

all that said it was a great gun that I very much miss. I had a Holosun 508T on mine, and it was a fantastic shooter

When money is normal and my wife and I escape to a free state I will definitely look to get another

Were it me, I’d absolutely do that trade. (I have a prosthetic shoulder, so I totally get the pain shooting .308 can bring)

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Made the trade today. This is a sweet, smooth shooting gun with very little recoil. Love it and its little brother the STI Shadow as well. All in all a great deal as I only had 1k into the LMT Big Grin. That is another story for another day. Big Grin

The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Those pics look great, and considering you only had $1000 in the LMT, I’d say you made out like a bandit. Congrats on the trade!

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll give you $2k for it. You can double your money...

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice gun. Congrats.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Beautiful piece!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine has a Staccato and it's one of the nicest, smoothest guns Ive ever handled.

Congrats.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Awesome trade! I would trade my Staccato P for an LMT MWS.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post