SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Will Sig ever sell just a Fire Control Unit?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will Sig ever sell just a Fire Control Unit? Login/Join 
posted
I think it would be a good idea to be able to customize a 320 from the ground up, instead of buying a whole firearm and then start replacing parts to your liking.

Posts: 602 | Location: NW Pa. USA | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
There are dealers doing that now. Or so I’ve heard.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're all over gunbroker.

Posts: 1143 | Location: Southeastern Virginia | Registered: November 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. Heading on over to gunbroker.

Posts: 602 | Location: NW Pa. USA | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think you'll see Sig doing it directly. Doesn't stop dealers from parting out guns, though. I would imagine you could make as much money or a little more that way.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Dealers may be parting out guns, but I still wish SIG offered fire control units as stock items. One fewer set of monkey fingers wouldn't be a bad thing, and options are always good.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Dealers may be parting out guns, but I still wish SIG offered fire control units as stock items. One fewer set of monkey fingers wouldn't be a bad thing, and options are always good.

My understanding is that Fire Control Unit is the serial number and must be obtained from FFL.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Sure, but they don't sell them separately through FFLs, and there's no legal reason why they couldn't.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Maybe an 80% kit would be useful here. Something like this (the concept, no necessarily this kit.)

https://jsdsupply.com/80-p320-...atible-insert-mup-1/

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I would love to find one for a P250.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post