SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who carries a M11-A1?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who carries a M11-A1? Login/Join 
posted
How do you like it?

Why did you pick the M11-A1 to carry?

Any issues?

Posts: 397 | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a P229, which is what I carry, but in .40. It's a super reliable pistol, the DA and hammer give me peace of mind when I'm holstering. Accuracy is spectacular, but any modern pistol worth a damn is.

That said, the P320 is really close to replacing it. If the upgraded trigger solves my issue (not the drop issue), it probably means the P229 will be stuck on bedside duty. I am pretty good with the DA/SA, as it's what I've always shot. But damned if the timer doesn't show I'm quicker with the P320, at least for the initial shot. And the Carry size is almost the same as the P229, but has greater capacity, even more so that im going from 12 .40 to 17 9mm. Plus it's lighter.

So for my P229's sake, I hope the P320 upgrade doesn't agree with me. But for my sake, I hope it does!

Some pics for the sake of pictures.

Not a great pic, but you get the idea of the similarity in size between the P229/P320 Carry:

And the first 15 shots I fired out of the P320 that made me a convert (only 15 cuz I was comparing to others that were limited to 15):

ETA: all that said, right now, the P229 is still my EDC. So if you like the M11-A1, you won't be disappointed; I'm definitely not trying to talk you out of it!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I used to until my son decided he really wanted the gun. The M11 carries very well and is so nice to shoot.
I've just gone back to a Glock 19.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post

I go back & forth between a 226 & the M11-A1 for carry. The M11 has a good trigger, is easier to carry iwb & I don't really need a light rail on my carry gun.

Edit: Woah!!!Sorry for the ginormous pic.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carried one pretty much every day for the last 3 years. Love a railless 229 for carry. Perfect size gun for me. The M11-A1 has the phosphate internals as well, which may not be worth anything, but makes me feel better about sweating all over my gun when working in my yard in the summer heat.
I have at least 7000 rounds through this pistol without a hickup, just a spring change or two and cleaning.

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Also carrying mine just about constantly since getting it back from Mr. Gray, several years back. Have a bum right paw and he worked wonders making it even better for me.

Don't need no rails for my EDC Wink

It's an early one with the chromed barrel and along with the coated internals and capacity, it seemed a very good choice. The E2 grips have helped me a lot, too.

I use a straight drop High Noon IWB holster, but am considering another option, perhaps with a slight cant...

Love the BRL holsters and have had excellent service from Nightingale, too.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I don't carry often, but when I do it's a M11-A1.

I can't think of a single thing I don't like about it, other than weight, but I won't carry plastic so anything I'd carry would be heavy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
My normal carry gun is my M11-A1. It kind of replaced my P229/.40, really only because of the extra few rounds and the higher performance of the newer 9mm loads. Mine shoots better than I'm capable of, and it never faltered during the last course I took. Mainly it feels like it was made for my hand and I shoot it well, so I have absolute confidence in it.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AWMP:
How do you like it?

Why did you pick the M11-A1 to carry?

Any issues?
I like it a lot.

I wanted a 9mm P229 but I hated the idea of carrying a pistol with a rail.

None so far.

Posts: 117 | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have two of them. My wife has one in her car, and another to carry. It's the perfect size, very accurate, and we both love the DA. I carry one of them sometimes, or my 226, which just arrived at Grayguns for the P-PAK install.
The M11 A-1's have both been flawless so far.

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 'pawn store rescue' M11-A1 that I bought With a thought towards carrying but I already had a P229R in 9mm which I use as my EDC so the M11-A1 has languished in the safe. Given that they are, for all intents and purposes, the same firearm I can say that you wouldn't go wrong with either if you can carry it comftabley.

Thankfully, Oklahoma passed open carry years ago and while I don't carry it openly the change in law has allowed me to cease worrying about printing. So, I carry the P229R in an OWB pancake holster under an untucked loose fitting shirt and no one bats an eye.

I've only ever been 'made' once and that was by a local 'boy in blue' who was more interested in talking about Kydex reinforced belts and debating 9mm and .45 ACP before leaving to respond to a call from dispatch.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my M11-A1.
Its not actually my full-time EDC yet.
I usually carry my P239 most days and rotate the M11 in 2 or 3 days a week.

Started my "carry life" with revolvers. Then went to a P250C. Then to a P239.
But was always looking for a good deal on a P229.

Then Gander Mtn had a going-out-of-business price on an M11-A1 that was too good to pass up.
I've put the HOGUE rubber grip panels on it and a set of TrijiCon HD sights.
And every time I shoot it I like it more & more.

Accurate? Yep! Comfortable? Yep! Reliable? Yep! Capacity? Great!

I carry it in a Galco FLETCH Hide Ride belt holster.
Just got a Hybrib IWB from Ozark Holsters (Thanks, Dustin!) that I'm starting to break in.

The only drawback so far . . . the weight.
But that is a very minor consideration for a gun that feels and shoots THIS good ! ! !

Did I say I love my M11? Smile

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 228 but keep on looking at an M11-A!.

What holsters?

Pics?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AWMP,

Posts: 397 | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post