SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The American P210 reached 1000 rounds today, and the conclusion is
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The American P210 reached 1000 rounds today, and the conclusion is Login/Join 
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Will P225 base plates fit on the mag tubes?

I can confirm that yes it DOES. Cool

Great! I assume you have tried it in a heel release 210?

Posts: 9955 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry, I no longer have a heel release P210. I can only tell you that the P225 base plate fits in the P210 mag's bottom like a glove. Tested it right after you posed the question. I see no reasons why it shouldn't work on the P210 with the bottom mag release.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Thank you for trying it out for me! I got a handful of legend mags, but it's nice to have a new supply for mag bodies. I will be sorely tempted by a 210 Carry if they ever come out.

Posts: 9955 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, fantastic shooting and I am impressed with the pistol, too!! Great pictures, thank you.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry, I no longer have a heel release P210. I can only tell you that the P225 base plate fits in the P210 mag's bottom like a glove. Tested it right after you posed the question. I see no reasons why it shouldn't work on the P210 with the bottom mag release.

I can confirm that the new magazines do not work with the Swiss heel release P210. I bought two of them to try out and they did not work any of my P210 heal release pistols. The mag body is just slightly too long with an original Swiss baseplate and the heal release will not snap over the end. The Legend magazines will, however, work with the heel release P210 if you switch out the baseplates.

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rio Laxas:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I can confirm that the new magazines do not work with the Swiss heel release P210. I bought two of them to try out and they did not work any of my P210 heal release pistols. The mag body is just slightly too long with an original Swiss baseplate and the heal release will not snap over the end. The Legend magazines will, however, work with the heel release P210 if you switch out the baseplates.

Holy cow! You are right. Curiosity got me. So, I took the bases off all 3 mags (Italian, German, and Swiss) and lined them up. And, lo and behold, the Italian is indeed a little longer. Well, too bad, guys with bottom mag release P210s can't use these cheap Italian mags. But at least, the side mag release P210 is no problems. Photobucket is having PMS again. Can't even get on to get pics. Roll Eyes

Italian mag on left, German in middle, Swiss on right.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Holy cow! You are right. Curiosity got me. So, I took the bases off all 3 mags (Italian, German, and Swiss) and lined them up. And, lo and behold, the Italian is indeed a little longer. Well, too bad, guys with bottom mag release P210s can't use these cheap Italian mags. But at least, the side mag release P210 is no problems. Photobucket is having PMS again. Can't even get on to get pics. Roll Eyes

It’s possibly to grind about 4/100th off the back 1/3rd of the Legend mag baseplate or replace with a 225 plate and insert with some minimal grinding to make even and they will work in a euro release. Finding the 225 base plates are difficult, inserts are easy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6225 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After reading your report here I went ahead and picked one up. Spare mags are on order from TGS, I hope mine runs as well as yours! :-)

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
After reading your report here I went ahead and picked one up. Spare mags are on order from TGS, I hope mine runs as well as yours! :-)

It appears that Mec-Gar is moving away from the original metal base plate. My last order of mags from TGS came with a mix of the metal bases and plastic bases. They feel cheaper than the metal bases. But, they work 100% reliably. And hey, if they can keep the cost down, I'm not bitching.

Q

posted Hide Post
210 report, thanks for sharing!

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
I sincerely appreciate your report on your American P 210 and look forward to how she does from now on.

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can confirm that the new magazines do not work with the Swiss heel release P210.

Sad_trombone.mp3

Cohen might get me with the carry model.

posted Hide Post
Finally shot mine this evening. Ran perfect, put the in the same hole when I pulled the light trigger correctly, which wasn't every time. Even with inexpensive brown box RP mil spec ammo accuracy was pretty impressive when I did my part. Looking forward to more mags coming from TGS and maybe even working up a higher accuracy load for it.

One other observation, with the light target loads and comfortable hand filling grips this was a real pussycat of a 9x19 to shoot. Seems like it would be an excellent 1st pistol above a 22lr to let a new shooter try out - other than the trigger might spoil them forever! :-D I may have to let my GF give it a try to test out my theory........dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Once you have shot a a finely tuned trigger you will never be the same. I most sincerely hope the American made triggers are up to the quality of the German Made.

I am very glad to read you are happy with yours.

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My LGS had one and I simply couldnt resist.I've only got 150 rds. through it so far.Absolute tac-driver.My only drawback are the grips being a little too large for smaller hands.Is anyone aware of any grip options ?

Posts: 21 | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the reports.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I went shooting today at LGS and afterwards browsed firearms as usual. They had a P210-A in stock and wow what a sweet pistol. The trigger on it was awesome, the grip fit my larger hands perfectly, and fit and finish was very impressive. The counter guy brought me a CZ Shadow 2 to try also and while another terrific pistol the P-210A trigger had it beat. The CZ Shadow 2 had some creep in the trigger and I could detect ZERO with the P210-A which was the best trigger I have ever felt equaling the SIG X-5 L1 I tried a while back. In March they have their annual factory shoot and SIG is always there, so I hope they have a P210-A to try. Price was $1479 which I thought was pretty decent for LGS.

I can see why those who own the new SIG P-210A love them. Cool

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of martowski
posted Hide Post
Well, I was wondering what my next pistol purchase would be... and I've found it.

Posts: 109 | Location: Dallas, TX Area | Registered: April 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
it is still fantastic! Cool

The initial range report is >>HERE<<.

Still one of my favorite threads...

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My next gun will be a 210 carry.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post