SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The American P210 reached 1000 rounds today, and the conclusion is
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The American P210 reached 1000 rounds today, and the conclusion is Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
it is still fantastic! Cool

The initial range report is >>HERE<<.

Since then, I had some more outings with the P210A-TGT. Today, it reached the 1000th round mark.

Conclusions/observations:

1- The gun never skipped a beat.
2- When I do my part, the gun is consistently accurate, even with the nasty/dirty Freedom Munitions Blaster ammo. I also realized that I will need new prescription eyeglasses to shoot better. The current one is 10 years old and has been scratched up pretty good from a prior car crash.
3- The rail's and barrel's external's finishes hold up very well. Still look as good as the day the gun came home.
4- And, this is the mag review I put on TGS's website: Great Italian Mec-Gar made mags. 100% reliable. Another great thing is that these mags work flawlessly in the P210 German Legend and the Swiss P210 with the side mag catch/release. So, fans of these German P210s and Swiss P210s (with side mag release) no longer have to pay sky high prices for the original mags, when they can buy and use these Italian mags for much less. And, TGS service is top-notch, as usual.
5- Come on, SIG USA, please, out with that Super Target, soon. Big Grin

Pics of targets from different range sessions:

12/15/17:

12/19/17:

12/23/17:

ETA: Cleaned it up. Looks good as new. Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Tack driver! Excellent news...thanks for posting.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report Q. You're about 600-700 rounds ahead of me, but touched on something I've been wondering about. That is the lack of noticeable wear/smileys,etc on the barrel. Any of my traditional P series SIGs started showing smileys on the barrels, and some evidence of use on the rails, almost immediately. What the heck is the finish on these new guns??? I would have bet money, that the barrel at least, would show evidence of use almost immediately. If I'm not mistaken, SIG calls the finish Nitron. I've had SIGs with "Nitron" -whatever that is- finish before. But if barrel and rails are any indication, this a lot more wear resistant than the Nitron on my previous guns. I was all set to gripe about the quality of this American version of the P210. This pistol's flawless performance and finish though, is ruining my griping funWink

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Nitron, DLC, or whatever it is they call it, these newer barrels are light years ahead of the old blued barrels. You and I both know that, even with older SIGs with the blued barrels that are new old stock/unfired, they already showed smileys just from repeated slide racking.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hella nice shooting. Still can't understand the hype having never even seen one in person, but if I shot like that at 25 yards, I'd get it! (My accuracy magically nose dives past 20 yards).

Glad to see you shooting them. I feel sorry for guns that aren't shot, like dogs that never get walks.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for the range reports and congrats on reaching 1000 rounds.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting! I am very happy to see the positive reviews on this gun.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Great follow up report and shooting, Q.

Again, thanks for sharing.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
Finally some pictures of real groups, not the usual 25 rounds at 7 yards Smile

Posts: 4075 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Really happy to see your report, bonus time is just around the corner and I think I really need one of these.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s because I can’t see out to 25 yards! If I could shoot groups that looked like that at that distance I would post a picture every day. Nice gun and shooting Q.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I marvel at you guys that track every round and post your targets with measurements and notes. You must be one of the better shooters on this forum based on these photos. I could maybe do that off a rest, but I never practice handguns in that manner.

Very impressive.

Posts: 140 | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good report Q. Cool

Posts: 900 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Glad to be reading this.

Hopefully the running reports will continue to be favorable.

Merry Christmas and thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge and experience.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Great example of aim small, miss small.

Nice shooting, Q.

Sweet pistol as well.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Will P225 base plates fit on the mag tubes?

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Will P225 base plates fit on the mag tubes?

I can confirm that yes it DOES. Cool

Q

Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Wow, little to no wear anywhere at 1K rounds.

Impressive.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Dayum, good shootin, may have to add one of these to next year's list!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the report and pictures. That is one nice looking pistol.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post