SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P226 9mm back from SSP – sight question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P226 9mm back from SSP – sight question Login/Join 
posted
Hey All-

I just got my 9mm P226 back from Sig after having the SSP package (clean, replace springs/small parts, and new night sights) done on it. The only notes on the sheet were that they test fired it with Speer Lawman 124gr TMJ and it worked. It did come back with brand new grips and grip screws as well which was nice.

However, the new front sight is marked #6 and the new rear is #8. Is that right? My understanding is that both sights should be #8’s for a 9mm.

I haven't had a chance to test fire it yet, so maybe all is good. But, I still thought I'd ask here.

Posts: 51 | Registered: April 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See this:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9560059424

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
See this:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9560059424

Thank you. Are new P226's coming with the 6/8 sight configuration rather than the 8/8 I sent the pistol in with?

posted Hide Post
OP, which parts did they swap out and did they return the originals? Thanks.

Posts: 827 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They very well may have made a mistake, but go shoot it before you get too worried about it.

It may be just fine.

If you are a seven yard shooter the difference on paper will be about a half inch.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by taguin:
OP, which parts did they swap out and did they return the originals? Thanks.

I'm not sure. Obviously the sights and the grips/grip screws. No other parts were returned. It was just the pistol, mags and case that I sent to Sig.

Oddly, the pistol still had the original grip tape that I had put on it as well as traces of the white lithium grease that I used in the internals - so I'm guessing they didn't do anything with the frame.

EDIT: I called Sig and they said they "air-cleaned" the frame since it wasn't too dirty. Also, they said that all new 9mm 226's come with 6/8 sights.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GP229:
They very well may have made a mistake, but go shoot it before you get too worried about it.

It may be just fine.

If you are a seven yard shooter the difference on paper will be about a half inch.

Thanks. I think this is the way I'm going. I'm not too worried about it - it just struck me as odd. Hopefully, I can get to the range this weekend.