SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Springfield Armory 1911s: Too many options!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield Armory 1911s: Too many options! Login/Join 
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
My SA is my least favorite 1911. Two service calls. One breakdown was in the middle of a training evolution. Still have it but I should probably get rid of it. The love is gone. That said, I would love the Pro model.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
My SA is my least favorite 1911. Two service calls. One breakdown was in the middle of a training evolution. Still have it but I should probably get rid of it. The love is gone. That said, I would love the Pro model.

I have NO experience of them. I can't get over how ugly they are.....the stamping, billboard lettering, forward cocking serrations.....I like a clean looking 1911.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Are Colt 1911s no good?

Depends on the Colt! Back in the pre-Kimber days you would buy a Colt, then take it to your smith to have the ejection port lowered and flared, beaver-tail and tune the trigger ... or replace as desired ... Then there was the sights.

Enter Kimber ... They sold their basic 1911's with the most requested upgrades as standard equipment considerably cheaper than Colt and they were very good which turned the 1911 market on its ear ... Then other companies caught on and did the same thing. Kimber grew in popularity rapidly and started coming out with a new model almost every month!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
"I realize you aren't trying to sell them but keep in mind, the only way you get your money back out of them is to enjoy and shoot them, they don't appreciate like old Colts!"

Well, my brother "bought" my Ed Brown from me, and my son "inherited" the Les Baer. So I'm "stuck" with the TGO1 and the Wilson, both of which I try and shoot at every opportunity.

I love the Wilson, but the trigger on that Springfield TGO1 (Pro) is the result of magical workmanship - a dying art. You can't help but shoot bulls.

As for investments, that's what old Pythons, Det Specials, and Diamondbacks are for! Razz

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post