SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    NRA Convention-Dallas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA Convention-Dallas Login/Join 
Picture of JR78
posted
Been a Life Member for a long time, but never attended the convention. Cool displays, touchy-feels all the new guns, grab, trinkets, etc. I wasn’t overly impressed. It seemed liked a very well orchestrated gun show.

One thing a little percuiler was every time I went to look a gun, a rep was right there, like a used car salesman.

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Any new gun releases? Sometimes manufacturer release new models at the NRA show.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Nothing that wasn’t seen at the SHOT show.

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Any new gun releases? Sometimes manufacturer release new models at the NRA show.

Sig introduced some new models: http://www.osagecountyguns.com...leased-by-sig-sauer/

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
I keep seeing rumors online that Glock is supposed to release a new model there this weekend.

Was there any indication of that?

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A SAO P229, the gun SIG swore would never be built?!?

Posts: 482 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
I did fondle some Resco Watches.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
Been a Life Member for a long time, but never attended the convention. Cool displays, touchy-feels all the new guns, grab, trinkets, etc. I wasn’t overly impressed. It seemed liked a very well orchestrated gun show.

One thing a little percuiler was every time I went to look a gun, a rep was right there, like a used car salesman.

Went there today and I would agree with you. It did feel like a big gun show. It wasn’t bad but agree, not overly impressed. Curious as to how this is vs shot show.

I was impressed with the new M&P 2.0 with the 3.6 inch barrel. By far th smalles 15 round option. Kinda like a g26 but w/15 rounds and great ergonomics.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Overall it was a neat day, enjoyed talking with several of the manufacturers and the techy folks in there booths. Probably spent 45 minutes with the B&T guys geeking out over their guns. They were exceptionally cool and very ready to show them off. Had a chance meeting of Mike Pappas (big shot in modern suppressor development) and randomly had Rob Leatham sit down with us at lunch to grab a bite. Also spent some time in the Aero Precision booth discussing how they’ve managed to get their production 12.5” SBR’d .308 ARs to run reliably.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
I did fondle some Resco Watches.

My gen 1 Patriot is my favorite

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I wanted to go this year. I attended the one in Phoenix several years ago, and I even won a Sig P250 in a drawing! I also got to meet Ted Nugent, so that was cool, too.

I couldn't work it out to go this time. Maybe next year...

Enjoy!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Overall it was a neat day, enjoyed talking with several of the manufacturers and the techy folks in there booths. Probably spent 45 minutes with the B&T guys geeking out over their guns. They were exceptionally cool and very ready to show them off. Had a chance meeting of Mike Pappas (big shot in modern suppressor development) and randomly had Rob Leatham sit down with us at lunch to grab a bite. Also spent some time in the Aero Precision booth discussing how they’ve managed to get their production 12.5” SBR’d .308 ARs to run reliably.

I met Leatham a few years ago. He was a pompous ass.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

Sig introduced some new models: http://www.osagecountyguns.com...leased-by-sig-sauer/

Beretta released compact and Centurion versions of the APX.

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After being advised to leave our guns at home, due to the VP being scheduled to speak, we scratched the NRA event from our travel plans.

We did attend an earlier one, in Houston, where carry was allowed. It was nice to be able to lay hands on things that one normally sees only on websites.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rexster:
After being advised to leave our guns at home, due to the VP being scheduled to speak, we scratched the NRA event from our travel plans.

We did attend an earlier one, in Houston, where carry was allowed. It was nice to be able to lay hands on things that one normally sees only on websites.

Carry was only restricted in the arena and only during the speeches. Carry, both concealed and open, was allowed all day throughout the event floor.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post