SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P938 sight question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P938 sight question Login/Join 
posted
I am thinking of changing the front sight on my Sig P938. Lately I've been having difficulty picking up the front sight at my local range.

Here's the question. I'm thinking of replacing the front Sig lite with a yellow or orange Ameriglo but I'm not sure of the size. Some things I have read say #6 some say #8.

I prefer 6 o'clock hold. Which size is standard?

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
P938s deviate from most other Sig 9mm pistols in that it comes OEM w/ a #6 front sight instead of a #8. However, since Sigs are sighted for POA/POI w/ the front sight covering the target, you may prefer a shorter front sight if you want to use 6 o'clock hold.

For the front sight, higher number indicates shorter sight.

https://www.realgunreviews.com...ights-sight-numbers/

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info and link. Interesting!
I ordered a Trijicon orange front sight and if it works out well, I'll order the same thing for my p238 which I have been carrying more and more. I ordered the #6 just to stay with the known and familiar.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post