SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 Mag Release is very difficult to release the mag. Anyone else? Anyone tried other (non-factory) buttons?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Mag Release is very difficult to release the mag. Anyone else? Anyone tried other (non-factory) buttons? Login/Join 
posted
Just bought the P365 and LOVE it, love virtually everything about it, EXCEPT the mag release..which is very difficult for me (arthritis in hands) to operate. I called Sig and one of their customer service reps/techs (they're awesome friendly, by he way) actually admitted that the P365 stock/factory mag release button is difficult for him also and he suggested I try replacing the factory supplied button with the Armory Craft Extended Magazine Button with Checkering (link below)but I figured I'd ask here in this forum before shelling out forty bucks (with shipping) for the Armory Craft one.

Anyone here having similar (or other issues) with the mag release button on the 365?...Anyone tried the Armory Craft button instead?
Thanks in advance for any advice and help.

http://www.armorycraft.com/pro...e-catch-with-texture

Posts: 19 | Location: Massachusetts (ugh!)  | Registered: September 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The factory mag release works fine for me. Several posters on the forum have installed and recommend the Armory Craft component.

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJock:
Just bought the P365 and LOVE it, love virtually everything about it, EXCEPT the mag release..which is very difficult for me (arthritis in hands) to operate. I called Sig and one of their customer service reps/techs (they're awesome friendly, by he way) actually admitted that the P365 stock/factory mag release button is difficult for him also...[/url]

This is first I've heard of this "issue". Is this a widespread problem, and I've been living under a rock? I've owned 4 P365s and never experienced a difficult mag release.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
Maybe simply try changing the mag release to the other side and using your index finger to release instead of thumb. Different leverage.

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. The mag release is very difficult to just easily push and have the mag drop. Now I may be spoiled I am used to H&K's where I touch BOTH paddles lightly at the same time and the mag drops effortlessly. But my 1911's and P226 all release a lot easier.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by SigJock:
Just bought the P365 and LOVE it, love virtually everything about it, EXCEPT the mag release..which is very difficult for me (arthritis in hands) to operate. I called Sig and one of their customer service reps/techs (they're awesome friendly, by he way) actually admitted that the P365 stock/factory mag release button is difficult for him also...[/url]

This is first I've heard of this "issue". Is this a widespread problem, and I've been living under a rock? I've owned 4 P365s and never experienced a difficult mag release.
I have seen a number of folks mention this as an issue for them. IMO, the mag release is great, I've never had it release inadvertently, or had it fail to release when pressed. To be honest, the reason I swapped my Kahr PM9 for the P365 as my EDC was the additional mag. capacity, and sincerely hope the 13 rounds available will negate any need for a fast mag. change. If it came to it, I believe the OEM mag. release will serve me perfectly.

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Not a problem here, but will swap Left to Right if I need to. It seems $40 isn't that bhig of a deal if you think it will help -- use some of that stimulous money if you have any left (I do, I'm waiting on a Ronin Operator in .45)

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post