SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wilson Combat makes me want to buy a Glock!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilson Combat makes me want to buy a Glock! Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I need to send a G19 off to have a grip reduction and the hump removed. If wilson offered those services, I'd send it to them for that stippling just because is looks so clean and "factory" as opposed to the hand stippling of others.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Looking at the order form:

$139 for the starburst...I dunno...the added $4 could be a deal-breaker. Wink

$20 per side for the forward thumb rests, now that DOES seems a bit much.

So they're using ZEV kits for the triggers. Pricing seems about the same as if you were to buy a particular level of kit at normal retail and install it yourself. So "free" installation, I suppose. Me, I'd rather install it myself. WC may be more talented at gunsmithing that I'll ever hope to be, but I'm willing ta betcha I'z got longer experience ripping into the innards of Glocks than they do. Plus, given what I can buy ZEV parts for...well, no brainer.

'Speed chute'...the same as magwell flare/extension? At $40 sounds like plastic/polymer. Maybe even Magpul. No thanks.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want a more aggressive grip texture, folks are dropping barely used vickers rtf2 textured 17s and 19s for reasonable prices. The standard gen 4 texture though is more than adequate for maintaining a solid grip with sweaty paws. All this w/c checkering for a glock is lipstick and rouge. The exception, though is that I really like the w/c vickers glock sight sets.

Posts: 712 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
folks are dropping barely used vickers rtf2 textured 17s and 19s for reasonable prices.

The Art of The Torn Up Clothing. Not by Magpul DVD Productions.

RTF2 is great in hand, but a PITA to wear.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I still don't want to buy a GlockWink

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
folks are dropping barely used vickers rtf2 textured 17s and 19s for reasonable prices.

The Art of The Torn Up Clothing. Not by Magpul DVD Productions.

RTF2 is great in hand, but a PITA to wear.
You can lightly hit the sides of the grips with emery cloth to make it less aggressive on clothes. I usually wear an undershirt and an untucked looser button down shirt to avoid printing. I haven't really noticed the rtf clothes eating effects. The comp-tac flatline holster and a wilderness instructors belt keeps the pistol from moving a lot when I am walking around.

Posts: 712 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yay! Finger grooves!!!

Said no one, ever.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Yay! Finger grooves!!!

Said no one, ever.

I like them just fine.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Looking at the order form:

$139 for the starburst...I dunno...the added $4 could be a deal-breaker. Wink

$20 per side for the forward thumb rests, now that DOES seems a bit much.

The thumb rests are super high. Should be about $5 each. Not like they have to do anything more than push the button when it's in the clamp.

Add to that the $70 round trip shipping and you will spend $250 for a $140 job.

-wolff

"In the absence of light, darkness prevails." - Professor Bruttenholm

Posts: 2103 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of frogger
posted Hide Post
If they could do that affect, AND delete the finger grooves at the same time, my Gen 3 G19 would be boxed up and shipped to them so fast it would make your head spend. The finger grooves on my G17's don't bother me, but on the G19, they seem just a bit too close together for my hand size and bother me on longer range sessions. I'm jealous of my wife's Gen 2 G19.

••••••••••••••••••••
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5409 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: November 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
The stippling is done with a laser, which is why the front strap is untouched. There's a company in Texas doing this. I came across their Facebook page by accident.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
The stippling is done with a laser, which is why the front strap is untouched. There's a company in Texas doing this. I came across their Facebook page by accident.

And who might that be?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25419 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
San Antonio Laser Engraving.

PH:219-896-9769

I have no affiliation with them. They have a Facebook page with videos of their work.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who said lasers are for sissies? Wink

I see that SA Laser was having a little fun at SIG's expense...

Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I am not a fan of custom Glock stippling, but that is very cool!

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
They apply all that pointless, useless cosmetic crap, and then leave the serrated trigger in the pistol. Great job. Roll Eyes

Adding a smooth trigger seems like common sense.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post