SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Help with ID on 1st Gen X5.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with ID on 1st Gen X5. Login/Join 
The Constable
posted
I have been offered a NIB, 1st Gen X-5, L1 competition model (I think that's the proper designation). 9mm, Wooden stocks, stainless finish, GOLD controls. It appears to have the adjustable trigger system. So I assume it's an L1?

$2200 out the door.

I have zero photos to post.

Thoughts?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
As I recall, that was the price of the L1 before they discontinued them.

Great pistol from everything I have ever heard.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I believe it's an X5 Scandic. Other than the gun I was shown appears to have the NILL type wood grips, not the smooth grips shown on this gun. https://www.impactguns.com/sig...ic-798681413287.aspx

Any thoughts to current value?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
I believe it's an X5 Scandic. Other than the gun I was shown appears to have the NILL type wood grips, not the smooth grips shown on this gun. https://www.impactguns.com/sig...ic-798681413287.aspx

Or, it's the X5 L1 that previous owner put the gold controls on.
Whatever the case, $2200 for a NIB one is a "get it now" price. If seller has the outer cardboard still, it will have the model designation on the label.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Or, it's the X5 L1 that previous owner put the gold controls on.
Whatever the case, $2200 for a NIB one is a "get it now" price. If seller has the outer cardboard still, it will have the model designation on the label.

Or perhaps put the X5 L1 Nill Grips on a Scandic model?

Either way, I agree with it being a "get it now" price.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
It's at a small LGS, it had been ordered and never picked up. Comes with case, outer box, test target, etc.I may even be able to beat the $2200 asking price.

I thought it was a "Get it, don't pass this UP" deal as soon as I was told about it. They aren't making anymore of them.

300 mile trip to snag it...But who doesn't like a road trip?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Since it has the outer box, you will definitely know the model designation.

Just a couple of years ago, THE ATTIC on GB were selling several NIB Scandics for $2150, and no one touched them for the longest time. The bling/colored X5s just seem much harder to sell. But, like I said, $2200 these days is definitely "get it". You can always turn around and flip it for a profit, if you don't like it.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Since it has the outer box, you will definitely know the model designation.

Just a couple of years ago, THE ATTIC on GB were selling several NIB Scandics for $2150, and no one touched them for the longest time. The bling/colored X5s just seem much harder to sell. But, like I said, $2200 these days is definitely "get it". You can always turn around and flip it for a profit, if you don't like it.

I was afraid the blinged up models were slow sellers to a small market. I already have a pair of X5's. So this one is purely a business venture. Thanks for the info.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
At that price it's definitely worth picking up if only to flip it down the road. It's not like we're going to see many of these or those like it anytime soon. Frankly can't see a Merkel-led government ever softening up on SIG exports to the U.S., particularly not with the current political venom between the two countries.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at the model designation on the cardboard box and determine what was changed to the pistol in it's current condition. That is a good price like others have said.

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
If it's a Scandic, "ordered and never picked up", it's odd that it doesn't have the Scandic grips.

An X5 Competition, which doesn't have an adjustable trigger, nonetheless has the trigger adjustment holes drilled in the frame. So those holes, by themselves, don't guarantee an adjustable trigger. The Comp listed for just under $2K.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
JUST got an update from a friend who took a look for me.

The cardboard box label shows a 226-X5-SCANDIC.

NO idea why it has the wrong stocks.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
JUST got an update from a friend who took a look for me.

The cardboard box label shows a 226-X5-SCANDIC.

NO idea why it has the wrong stocks.

SIG Germany does that once in a while, putting parts on guns that are normally found on other guns. I've seen NIB X5E Classic with the Match trigger and hammer, where normally, it has the solid trigger and hammer.

Q

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but those grips are such an essential part of the Scandic look. Hard to believe that SIG shipped the gun without them.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Yeah, but those grips are such an essential part of the Scandic look. Hard to believe that SIG shipped the gun without them.

I know the LGS where the gun is at now. They HAVE had X-5's back in the day. I wonder if an employee didn't switch stocks to make a sale? Or switch them to HIS X-5? Not right...NO matter what.

I would be tempted to buy it and list it on GB. But Not with the wrong stocks.