SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    California DOJ 'Approved' firearms list
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California DOJ 'Approved' firearms list Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^

Thanks for articulating my point.
Graphics make a wonderful tool.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Holy crap, I never knew you guys had it so bad! When I was young, I thought I wanted to live in California, wanted to get stationed there in the Navy, but it never came to pass, I am counting my blessings, my detailer was probably looking out for me! Had I been stationed there, I'd still be serving my sentance!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
I thought I wanted to live in California

Get that dreadful thought out of your head.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That graph is disgusting and depressing.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
I thought I wanted to live in California

Get that dreadful thought out of your head.

That thoughts been gone since the mid 80s! My sister was in the AF and was stationed at Travis. I spent a little time there when I took a 3 month break between Navy enlistments. I got over that shit real quick!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
NRA Legal Update

NSSF v. California: State Court challenge to California's microstamping requirements

Case Status: On December 1, the California Court of Appeals issued a ruling in favor of NSSF, allowing the lawsuit to proceed in the lower court. But on March 22, 2017, the California Supreme Court agreed to rehear the case following a petition from the State of California.

What's Next: The case is currently being briefed before the California Supreme Court.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I remember an episode of NCIS that the topic of microstamping came up in. Damn near chucked the nearest object not nailed down at the old Sony Trinitron in my workshop (yes, I still have one of these; the darn thing just won't die and it still has a great picture...for a CRT from the early 1990s). Phony laws to curtail guns; the evil bastards.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I was young, I thought I wanted to live in California, wanted to get stationed there..

Me too, when I returned from Korea. Ft Ord was my choice for returning assignment. Back then we were given a choice, although usually it didn't matter, the Army sent me back East, to Pennsylvania.

Army did me a favor, I guess.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I was blissfully ignorant of CA laws when stationed there briefly. It was pre-internet, so how the fuck were you supposed to know you needed to report all your guns and get sodomized by the state, while 'paying' them a tax?

The same state tried to get us to pay CA income tax several years after we left, to the tune of several thousand dollars. Tried being the operative word.

Fuck CA.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScopeX5:
Every manufacturer has to renew every year. Sigs renewal is on the first of every year. Because no other guns can be added, I doubt any other manufacturers will let their guns fall off. It’s almost a monopoly since it limits the guns you can buy.

It's too bad. If all manufacturer would have all their guns expire not even the liberal 9th circuit would be able to say with a straight face that the roster isnt unconstitutional...

Posts: 551 | Location: California | Registered: July 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Unfortunate part is that there are so many nice areas in the state. I always loved my trips to northern CA. too bad the politics screwed it up.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
If it weren't for Disneyland I'd have NO REASON to ever go there (except for the rare TDY for work). As soon as I cross the state line into CA I feel an overwhelming sense of oppression that disappears when I cross back into AZ. Not unlike the two years I was stationed in NJ '95 to'97...

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post