SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    California DOJ 'Approved' firearms list
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California DOJ 'Approved' firearms list Login/Join 
Low Profile Member
posted
I'm looking at the CA Roster of Handguns Certified For Sale and there doesn't appear to be a single SIG that will be on the list after 1/1/2018. Does anyone have any information re this?

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
when I questions about what is and is not legal in CA, (I'm a dealer and am set up in the CADOJ system) I check calguns.net

the folks on that forum are a wealth of knowledge on what can and cannot be done in CA

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Companys have been letting weapons fall off the list - probably not worth sending in the samples, making sure they company with the stupid, motherfreaking, Commiefornia laws, etc.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CA. DOJ went to a year by year update a while ago. It will update when the gun makers pay the yearly extortion fee.
The last I looked, Browning paid for all their rostered guns, so their handguns are good till 1/1/19

Posts: 371 | Location: The once great state of California | Registered: November 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
i guess we will find out soon if SIG is going to renew all the models that are about to expire

posted Hide Post
Also of note, not all SIG Sauers on that list are renewed by SIG themselves. The P6 is under the responsibility of PW Arms to renew (alongside the Walther P1).

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Crazy way of doing business, for all but the hive-minded, lefty, burp rats(burocrats).

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is not Sigs fault.It is the people of California and the politicans they voted in that made the laws that are to blame.

Posts: 174 | Registered: December 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"...shall not be infringed."

The people in California who make such laws or vote for such laws, are not Americans, because they do not believe in the principles detailed in the Constitution.

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Arnold Schwarzenegger is the main individual responsible for the systematic ban on the retail sale of handguns in CA. By signing the microstamping law, he has doomed every handgun manufacturer in future sales in CA. He has done more damage than any other single CA politician.

I used to tell my wife if we ever see Arnold, to walk away because I will approach him and tell him to get the fuck out of my country.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16698 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Arnold Schwarzenegger is the main individual responsible for the systematic ban on the retail sale of handguns in CA. By signing the microstamping law, he has doomed every handgun manufacturer in future sales in CA. He has done more damage than any other single CA politician.

I used to tell my wife if we ever see Arnold, to walk away because I will approach him and tell him to get the fuck out of my country.

You sure about that?

California gun roster/ban went into effect January 1, 2001.

Arnold didn't replace Davis and become Governor until November 2003.

Davis was California Governor in 2001.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
You sure about that?

He signed the microstamp bill in 2007 or so. Microstamping became a reality in the roster several years later. When Davis was governor, one could buy virtually any handgun on the market. Even 10 years ago. I have purchased a non-railed P229, a West german P226, Walther P99AS, a bunch of Ruger MKIIIs, etc. All still on the list, but no longer in the last five years or so.

Guns started to dramatically fall off the list in the last 5 years or so when microstamping became the crux of the roster. Colt is no longer on the list. Ruger has only revolvers on the list. It is safe to say a decent percentage will fall off the roster in 2018, and none added.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16698 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You sure about that?

oddball is not referring to the data base, he is refering to the law that requires all future handguns sold in California to mark the casing and projectile of each round with the serial number of the gun that fired it. This is absurd of course, as the technology to do such a thing does not exist. That law WAS signed by Arnold.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2226 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
quote:
quote:

You sure about that?

oddball is not referring to the data base, he is refering to the law that requires all future handguns sold in California to mark the casing and projectile of each round with the serial number of the gun that fired it. This is absurd of course, as the technology to do such a thing does not exist. That law WAS signed by Arnold.

Sorry, I was referring to the roster list.

Yes, Arnold did sign gun Microstamp law which is currently on hold, pending higher court review.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
i guess we will find out soon if SIG is going to renew all the models that are about to expire

Looks like all the Sig's are good to go till 1/1/19!

Posts: 371 | Location: The once great state of California | Registered: November 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every manufacturer has to renew every year. Sigs renewal is on the first of every year. Because no other guns can be added, I doubt any other manufacturers will let their guns fall off. It’s almost a monopoly since it limits the guns you can buy.

Posts: 33 | Registered: August 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
So happy to live in a free State. I could NOT live in Cali.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DEPUTYBILL:
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:

Looks like all the Sig's are good to go till 1/1/19!

Whoa.Just switched today. Glad there are some SIGs still in play.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScopeX5:
Because no other guns can be added, I doubt any other manufacturers will let their guns fall off.

In 2015, approx. 50 handguns were eliminated from the roster; 2016 over 75, and 2017 37 handguns eliminated. Only a few were added.

PPT sales is the only way to get a hold of an off roster gun, but IMO, the state govt. will address this in the next few years.

posted Hide Post
The roster is painful. All the horid details can be found here: https://www.calgunsfoundation.org/roster

Posts: 57 | Registered: November 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post