SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New VP9 at the range along with the P320c
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New VP9 at the range along with the P320c Login/Join 
posted
I took my new VP9 to the range this weekend to break it in and compare it to the P320C I recently got. The grips on both are extremely comfortable. They feel very different from each other but somehow they both end up feeling great. I really didn't find myself preferring one over the other. I did notice that with the HK my trigger finger fell naturally into place, exactly where it should be. I had to curl my finger out a bit to get it right with the Sig. Being able to easily remove the internals from the Sig's frame makes it a breeze to clean.
Both triggers are really nice. The crisp trigger of the Sig felt better when I dry fired it but the lighter pull of the HK made a real difference when it came to actually shooting. I was able to consistently get tighter groups with the VP9 and it was quicker to bring back on target. I've read about people complaining that the hump in the HK's trigger guard would give them a blister but I never noticed it.
I used a variety of practice ammo and I put around 150rnds through each. Both were malfunction free except for one time the VP9 didn't lock back on an empty mag.
The fit and finish on each was excellent but the polymer on the VP9 felt a little more upscale and the stipling felt more secure than that on the P320. I'm not sure what kind of finish Sig is using on the barrel but after 250rnds it's shown absolutely no wear, not even the typical smiley marks.
I also brought along my G19 for a reference. It's grip doesn't feel anywhere near as good as the HK or Sig and it's trigger, while not bad it feels especially mushy compared to the others. However, it utterly shames the competition when it comes to size and capacity efficiency. It's also the easiest to keep on target during rapid fire drills.
If I had to choose between the Sig or HK, I really don't know what I'd do. They're both great and neither one does something much better than the other. I feel sorry for anyone that's trying to choose between the two.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3523 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have both the P320 and the VP9...
I do get finger irritation from the VP9, but only after shooting it for more than 100 rounds at a time. I did purchase a glove and this cures that issue completely (although I sometimes feel self-conscious at the range since wearing gloves while shooting a pistol is usually attributed to the tacticool crowd - haha).
Overall I like the P320 just barely better but they are sooo close. Both are great pistols.

I do not own a Glock but want a G19 & that will likey be my next pistol.

Posts: 13 | Registered: November 21, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I reluctantly purchased a VP9 earlier this year because the price was right. Now that I have more than 300 rounds through it, I really like the way it feels in one's hand; the trigger, the accuracy at distance's farther than 15 yards and the soft felt recoil and the ability to stay on target. I will say however that I prefer the P320 for the same reasons above stated by sigspecops and though my P320C shoots equally as well as the VP9, it carries much easier.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Got both, prefer the VP9. Points more 'naturally' for me, its trigger works a bit better for me than the SIG's. I do appreciate that for less money (at the time that I bought my non-LE VP9...early adopter), the SIG came with night sights, though truthfully 3-dot isn't where I'm at these days.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought myself a VP9 LE package as my birthday gun and wasn't impressed by my first outing with it as my shots went consistently right. I'm left handed but right eye dominant so that's me and not the gun. At home I changed the grip panels to make it fit me better. Second range outing much better. Third range outing I compared it vs. my P320c. They both shot great off hand but drawing from the holster the VP9 seemed to point naturally and my follow up shots were more consistent. With the P320 I had to really work at it to put my shots where I wanted them. They're both great guns but the VP9 for me is just that much better. The P320 isn't going anywhere but I'll give it to my oldest son when he turns 21.

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hansgretel:
I also have both the P320 and the VP9...
I do get finger irritation from the VP9, but only after shooting it for more than 100 rounds at a time. I did purchase a glove and this cures that issue completely (although I sometimes feel self-conscious at the range since wearing gloves while shooting a pistol is usually attributed to the tacticool crowd - haha).
Overall I like the P320 just barely better but they are sooo close. Both are great pistols.

I do not own a Glock but want a G19 & that will likey be my next pistol.

I've used shooting gloves (mechanix) for many years. I even bring nitrile gloves, also, for reloading. I got tired of digging shit out of my nails. I'm not in the infantry and a pistol is merely a tool on person in the event of a life threatening situation. The nitrile gloves were a recent addition. I use them in the garage for oil changes, etc. I have found using them for reloading at the range very beneficial. It has caused some looks, no doubt, but the last thing on Earth I am concerned with, is what strangers think of me, my practices, my vehicles, etc. the range is always something else. I walked in one day, 102 outside, with sandals on and some mouth breather starting making comments. I laughed at him, and asked if the camou and tac gear he had on was a requirement at the pistol range. I was there, at an indoor range, not in a tactical class. Don't worry about what people think. Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Love my VP9. Was ok with P320. Recently grabbed another gen4 19 and waiting on my CZ P10Cs. When they get here I will have a fun day with the 9mms.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8011 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm very interested in the CZ P10 also. I'd love to throw it into the mix and see how it compares.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3523 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I'm very interested in the CZ P10 also. I'd love to throw it into the mix and see how it compares.

I know it is a shade bigger, but take a look at the M&P 2.0 as well. Smile

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post