SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Firecontrolunit.com
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Firecontrolunit.com Login/Join 
Picture of dc54
posted
Anybody have experience with this product yet?

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Following.....

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I’ve got one on order. I was hoping people would start making aftermarket pdws or carbines that utilize the sig fcu and magazines. I like the idea of my fallback weapon having the same Trigger and mags as my primary.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like it's just a heavier, bulkier frame for the same slide and barrel...pistol with a shoulder stock. I don't see the point.

If it used the FCU with a new barrel assembly and bolt and carrier, offering length and carbine capabilityI could see it, maybe...but this is just another way to hold the pistol.

The handheld pistol without any other modifications can be shot accurately out to 100 yards (and I watched Bruce Gray hitting targets at 200 yards)...why a product like this to add another seven hundred bucks to the cost of the pistol? I'd think going with an RMR or some other investment might make more sense.

It seems counterproductive.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Firecontrolunit.com

Kind of a neat looking modification for Sig Pistols. It's sort of like the Micro Roni that CAA came out with a couple years ago.

For me anyway, the price is a turnoff. Instead of spending $650 or so, plus the cost of the handgun, I would probably choose a CZ Scorpion instead.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post