SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shooting the P228
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooting the P228 Login/Join 
posted
If you guys would like to see a shooting video of the p228 I made yesterday, check out the link! It also shows the Suarez trigger and one of the shortest resets you will see on a sig.

By the way, this gun was the generous karma gun I got from 12131.

https://youtu.be/KNNO2lJXrwM

If you are interested, subscribe for videos on other Sigs.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Well, I think that Karma was well deserved. Looks like you are treating it with the respect it deserves. Well done.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
toward the end of the video there is a part with you shooting while walking forward. Shoulders are rolled forward form looks good, with recoil is being managed well.
However compare that to the earlier part of the video where you are stationary from a side camera angle. You form is too straight up and down and the recoil is moving your entire upper body. Roll those shoulders foward like when your walking and will see better recoil management when stationary.
BTW awesome video, well done & Grats on that Karam lucky dog.

Posts: 62 | Registered: June 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Nice there's nothing like a P-228. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks guys, I also put down a takedown guide for beginners. Im hoping to build on my sig hobby with some youtube videos just for fun!

https://youtu.be/gUGmnyO5Ukc

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nice job, Ben. I see that you dumped the thin trigger, which I would have done, also, had I used it. Is the geometry of the Suarez trigger any different from the standard fat trigger?

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The face of the Suarez seems a little more rounded. The short reach trigger just doesn't work for me. I have had it on a p226, P228, P224, and P220. I shot all of them better after it was replaced.

On the P226, it originally came with the e2 grips and short reach trigger. I shot that gun so poorly! I also have a picture of a hard little berry that got stuck behind the trigger and was wedged in there pretty bad. I was running through a wooded area chasing a car thief. I didn't notice it until I got to the jail and took my gun out to lock it up. Quite a surprise, to say the least! I have a picture somewhere.......

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
You can't be too careful....You never know when someone might try to sneak up behind you when you're shooting the coveted P228! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8880 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found the picture and I was mistaken about the short reach trigger and the berry story. I was actually the p226 I have now, which has the standard trigger. The berry is like the size of an airsoft bb. I would guess the gun would have fired, but it was a hard berry if i recall correctly.