SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG CPO 229 .357
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG CPO 229 .357 Login/Join 
posted
Just bought one today and was looking to post pics, but I have no idea how to. I think I have done so in the past, but baffled as to how to now.

Any ideas so I can share pics?

Thanks!

Beware the man who has only one gun------He is gonna be crabby as heck cause all his friends have more.

Posts: 78 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Here you go.... Wink

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6470098434

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8878 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Where'd ya get it from?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info as to how to add pic. Looks like y'all will have to use your imagination as I don't have any photo hosting site things.

So anyway, went to local gun shop (Texasota Sales) for some other stuff today. He mentioned he had SIG 229 CPO in .357. Well my first SIG was CPO 229 in .40 so I took a look.

Went home to think it over. Had to go back and get it. Mags look brand new. Gun looks brand new inside and out. Like I mean...BRAND NEW. \

No wear at all on frame rails or slide rail channels. Barrel smiley face is nearly non-existent. Inside the slide and grip frame and grip panels spotless...literally looks brand new.

So I guess picture a brand new 229 (though after I called SIG I discovered its birthday is 12-21-06.

Sorry for lack of pics. (Though there are pics on another forum some of you may frequent).

Beware the man who has only one gun------He is gonna be crabby as heck cause all his friends have more.

Posts: 78 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Postimage is quick and easy for pictures and you don't need an account.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
If it helps, here's my CPO P229R in .357Sig I picked up 3 or 4 years ago.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great grab, can't go wrong with a 229.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info on Postimage Rob and the pic C-Dubs!

And thanks for the comment wxl!

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Congrats! The P229 and .357 SIG make for a great combo. I owned a couple of them over time a few years back. Lots of fun BOOM! but not a lot of corresponding recoil.

Here’s a pic taken several years ago of me at an IDPA Classifier - pic taken by our own Snake207. He caught a nice bit of muzzle-flash there in this shot. P229 and 125-grain JHP.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
^^^Big Grin
You got everyone's attention that day. LOL
(You also need to come back out and shoot with us again.)

I have a triple serial numbered 229 in .357SIG that I picked up from Gundawg. One of my favorite pistols, for sure. Having the ability to swap out to a .40 barrel is nice too.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post