SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking at a Used PD P220
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking at a Used PD P220 Login/Join 
posted
Going to look at a PD trade P220 this weekend. Its DAK, full size railed frame. Wanna say German frame, NH SS slide.
Anything I should be particularly concerned with on a PD gun? I know they were carried more than shot, generally speaking, but.....? Listed vg to excellent condition.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Going to look at a PD trade P220 this weekend. Its DAK, full size railed frame. Wanna say German frame, NH SS slide.
Anything I should be particularly concerned with on a PD gun? I know they were carried more than shot, generally speaking, but.....? Listed vg to excellent condition.

Inspect it as you would inspect any SIGs. I'm pretty sure you know by now what to look for. Smile

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
You could budget for the SSP in your negotiation with seller so your final cost is agreeable to you.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I will likely use it for a "truck gun." Nice isn't as much a concern as functional. Will probably live in a Safariland ALS rig, which is hard on finish anyway.

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I think the Sig Service Package is just detailed strip, cleaning, new springs, lubrication, and new night sights. With a police gun I would want that done.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
Always a good idea to install new springs in any surplus gun.

p.s. I had one of those surplus P220 DAK pistols for a while. Definitely one of the ones I should have kept.

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, sold before I got there. Will continue to look, and will keep the SSP in mind iv I do find one.