Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LCP triggers Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have the Sweat Pea in mine and it solved the trigger slap issue.

It's much better than stock.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I eyeballed my LCP when I field-stripped it for inspection and a light cleaning, following yesterday's range trip. Wasn't clear to me how to determine if my pistol has a trigger bar with a star stamped on it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Got to feel a LCP-C next to a LCP-2 today, bought the LCP-C, and one of those surplus Beretta M71.

Posts: 9957 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
We have a customer who was having some serious reliability problems with the LCPII that he bought from us, enough so that Ruger asked for the gun back to analyze what was going on. Supposedly it wasn't due to poor handling by the shooter since he already owns an early LCP and the Kel-Tec 380 and is used to such little firecrackers. Apparently Ruger could not fix whatever was ailing this LCPII and offered a replacement. Instead our customer asked if they had any Customs lying around and if he could have one of those. Turns out that they still do, intended as replacements for users having 'unfixable' issues with that model. Ruger agreed and now he has a Custom. Happy endings are still possible.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
We have a customer who was having some serious reliability problems with the LCPII that he bought from us, enough so that Ruger asked for the gun back to analyze what was going on. Supposedly it wasn't due to poor handling by the shooter since he already owns an early LCP and the Kel-Tec 380 and is used to such little firecrackers. Apparently Ruger could not fix whatever was ailing this LCPII and offered a replacement. Instead our customer asked if they had any Customs lying around and if he could have one of those. Turns out that they still do, intended as replacements for users having 'unfixable' issues with that model. Ruger agreed and now he has a Custom. Happy endings are still possible.

Sounds identical to my story with the LCPII and ending up with the Custom too! I know so far I'm glad I got the Custom instead.
I forgot to come back to give a short range report, I did take my Custom to the range a few weeks ago. I only ran 50 almost flawless rounds through it. The gun functioned perfectly accept for one stoppage again where the Take Down Pin walked out. I pushed it back in and it was fine for the remainder of the 50 rnds.
When I got this Custom and I cleaned before taking it to the range so while I had it apart I put the Tandemkross pin in it instead.

I posted about it on the one Ruger forum and someone told me which I forgot all about. Once he said it I then remembered reading it on the Tandemkross site it says their TD Pins are not for the Custom LCP's. I put the Ruger pin in but I haven't been back out to try it again.

I do like this Custom allot better and I know I feel safer not having a fully cocked gun with a chambered round in my wallet pocket.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Custom LCP? Trigger mods and custom pins?

It's a frigging gun to slip into your pocket when you can't carry a gun. At the ranges it is meant to be used, just pull the trigger through smoothly.

Then again some people can apparently only conceal an LCP in a pancake holster OWB... Roll Eyes

My original LCP is a peach, runs fine after getting sit on, stuff away, neglected, yet it goes bang every time.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by topherh:
I have a nondashed serial and added the SS guide rod and the Galloway trigger almost 3 years ago. In my opinion it was a big upgrade over stock. Took all of the slop out and made the break much more consistent.

Is that the Sweet Pea trigger you're talking about? I've been thinking about that for my LCP-CT.

Yes, it's their Sweet Pea trigger I was referring to.

Purchased an LCP II on special at Shot Show because the price was right and definitely prefer my original LCP with Sweet Pea trigger over the II.

Posts: 170 | Location: Kearney, MO | Registered: October 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post