SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    All this talk about CZ’s ..... Update
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All this talk about CZ’s ..... Update Login/Join 
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted
I had CZ handguns back in the late 80’s, but hadn’t shot one in years. I played with a PCR with the CGW Pro package and simply had to have one. Pick it up on Tuesday, new sights already installed, just waiting on the LOK grips to show up. I will do a range report after next weekend.

So as I impatiently wait for my new gun, feel free to tell me how much I’m going to love it. Pics are good too

** I picked up my PCR today and ran back to the ranch and put a quick 100 rounds through it. I like it a lot, the CGW action components and my gunsmiths polish work makes far a silky smooth action. Double action came in at 7.75lbs and single at 3.75lbs.

I had 4 light primer strikes until I realized I was riding the decocker with my support hand thumb. I think the thin grip will help that issue along with range time.

My groups were not the best, then I discovered my rear sight was loose and sliding back and forth. That has been corrected so we will see what happens with the new grips and stationary sights.

I will do a full report with pics in a few hundred rounds.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nick,

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I suspect you're definitely going to love the PCR. It is only slightly lighter than the 75 compact since it has the aluminum vs steel frame of the 75 compact, so it will still be a very easy shooting pistol.

Absolutely love the 75 Compact I bought for Christmas as mentioned in my thread. Fits my hand perfectly and shoots awesome. Great ergonomics, nice trigger, very accurate, reliable, and heavy duty construction. CZ pistols are easy to like!

Here's a 7 yard target shot with my 75 Compact two hand standing the first time out (50 rounds). Not slow, not fast, just a long enough pause for the sights to come back down with the front sight back on the bullseye for a brief moment of front and rear sight alignment.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
You’re going to love it! I bought my first CZ last Feb because I’ve always wanted one, and bought my second CZ a couple weeks ago because I liked the first one so much. I will most certainly buy more CZs as time goes by. Enjoy your new CZ and let us know how it does for you.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I for one can’t wait until the CZ75 A01 is released = an upgraded CZ75 compact with bull barrel, custom trigger and sights.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up a Shadow 2 to start USPSA production shooting.

Have several hundred rounds through it already.
I'm still a Sig guy but this CZ is sweet.

Its also a great range gun, plinking, varmint shooting and fun on the steel plates.

Heck, it would be a great home protection weapon.

The only thing it would not be good at is concealed carry, its very heavy.

Varooom

Posts: 5 | Registered: December 02, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This 97B is my fave! So thin for a double stack 45!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ooooh! The 97B!! That one is my favorite as well. Shoots almost as soft as a 9mm.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All stock but the grips...P01's

A 97B with LOC grips...aka my zombie gun with CGW hammer and some other parts I've forgotten about.

The stock SP-01. I've still got some plans for this one Wink

And an early CZ 85B with Hogue aluminums
and my first CZ. I will never get rid of it!

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDG:
This 97B is my fave! So thin for a double stack 45!

+1 - I love my 97B. One of my favorite guns!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A pair of RMR'd P-09's for me.

Posts: 1173 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post

CZ Tactical Sports Orange in 40 S&W in top photo.
CZ Shadow 2 in bottom photo. Converted to SAO.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jackimoe:
All stock but the grips...P01's

A 97B with LOC grips...aka my zombie gun with CGW hammer and some other parts I've forgotten about.

The stock SP-01. I've still got some plans for this one Wink

And an early CZ 85B with Hogue aluminums
and my first CZ. I will never get rid of it!

I’ve got a pair on Matrix thin and crosscut regulars coming from LOK. I want to see what width feel the best for carry. I can’t wait.

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I really want a Tactical Sport Orange!!!!! CZ makes a great pistola!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Collins:
Ooooh! The 97B!! That one is my favorite as well. Shoots almost as soft as a 9mm.

In this corner, Weighing in at 15#, the 97B!!! LOL

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
very nice guns for the price.my cz collection has passed my sig collection. the polished p01 hasn't been fired , being so rare. the only gun I own I haven't shot and probally won't, probally.

Posts: 83 | Registered: December 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Had this poly 40 but swapped it. It was one-hundred percent reliable through just a couple hundred rounds which surprised me based on others results. Still have a 40B though that needs some tuning.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I genuinely like my CZ's

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I genuinely like my CZ's

What are the blue / black grips on the P01? They are very nice.

posted Hide Post
Some really nice pics in this thread. Starting to get the CZ bug myself..

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Grips are Cool Hand IIRC.

P01 shoots about the same I just don’t have a target saved to photobucket for some reason.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post