SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 20 (10mm) beavertail adapter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 20 (10mm) beavertail adapter Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I've been using the Grip Force on my 19.

I'm buying a gen 3 20sf (10mm) but can't seem to find a Grip Force for it. Are they available for the 20sf? Any good alternatives if not?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
In an old thread I posted this after futzing with Gen3 & Gen4 adapters for my 21SF.

They sent me a link to a video in email but I don't have it anymore* - -
My G21SF was the odd duck of the bunch.
You need a gen4 GFA but you have to heat it a bit with a heat gun (on low) and take some of the bend out.**
Don't worry if you bend it sideways, melt it into a ball or otherwise screw it up. The company will replace it. They actually ENCOURAGE people to modify the GFA as much they want in order to get it to fit just right.

The gen3SF frame is 'about' the same size as a gen4 frame with no backstrap attached. I got impatient and switched the heat gun to high...don't do that. The smooth GFA was already in use so I heated up the one with the ridges, bent it straighter and sanded the ridges off.

From the GripForceProducts site modifications tab:

MODIFICATIONS
Some end users have chosen to perform various modifications to our products. We feel that our customers modifying or customizing our GRIP ADAPTERS to fit them perfectly, and maximize their performance, is completely acceptable.
Most highly experienced pistol shooters prefer that their pistols have certain modifications or characteristics to suit them better.

Whatever modifications they feel are necessary to customize our product to their hand size, shooting style, or equipment requirements, is fully encouraged by our company.
Our product warranty covers these types of modifications, as we want our customers to be completely satisfied with how they use our products.

* on edit - found the email from Frank Royce a@ GFA and will send it to you.
** I was going off memory in the post - I used a Gen4 GFA but they say to use a Gen3...now I want to heat up a Gen3 GFA and stick it on there to see what the difference is!
Apologies for the confusion. My memory is good, it's just short....

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I may try that.

But not sure why GFA just doesn't make one for the 20sf. Will it disintegrate upon firing the first round? Smile

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I installed a standard GFA on my Gen 4 G21, even though it wasn't listed as being compatible with the G21. I haven't had any issues with many hundreds of rounds through it.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Konata88 - email inbound.

--------

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’m guessing gen 4 21 frame is a little different from gen 3 20sf? Or are they close enough to yield the same result?

Gen 4 is not considered safe in these parts. Frown

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
Konata88 - email inbound.

Fantastic info. Thanks much!

I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I installed a standard GFA on my Gen 4 G21, even though it wasn't listed as being compatible with the G21. I haven't had any issues with many hundreds of rounds through it.

Maybe it wasn't listed back when you got it but it's listed now.
They also fit a G41 which isn't on the chart, so...

Gen 4 Adapters FIT
STANDARD & COMPACT GLOCK GEN 4 SF FRAMES

MODELS: 17, 19, 21, 22, 23, 34, 35

The GEN 4 GRIP FORCE ADAPTER was specifically developed to fit GLOCK's GEN 4 pistol in its base "short frame" configuration. The short frame configuration does not utilize either the Medium or Large factory grip panel on the frame.
- - -

Part of the confusion is GripForce uses the "SF" moniker to describe a Gen4 without backstraps added.
Glock uses SF to signify a smaller circumference grip version of a Gen3 pistol.

--------