SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Gen5 G19 and big fat fingers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Gen5 G19 and big fat fingers Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted
I handled one today. I like. The problem with the finger grooves hitting the middle of my fingers is no more. The trigger feels about the same as any other recent Glock.

Just waiting for local blue label inventory to appear.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock has gone back to the future with the Gen 5 grip, as those of us who own multiple Gen 2s know so well.

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Yep, no finger grooves is a big plus for me as well. My only complaint is the gap on the front of the grip, although after shooting it a bit, it's really not that big of a deal.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BKLYNIRISH
posted Hide Post
Same finger issue, and I am hoping the removal of the finger grooves improve the situation. I would really like to make a Glock 19 work for me.

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Well, couldn't wait. Ordered from Keislers.

Hope to have it Tues or Wed next week.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
I played with one at my local dealer today. I was extremely disappointed. The new trigger sucked! Absolutely sucked, the cutout at the bottom of the front strap ruins the feel of the grip. 5 Generations and Glock still can't get it right!

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a G19 5th gen yesterday. I went in there to get a gen 4 G17 MOS but the new trigger blew me away! I guess to each their own.

I will be at the range tomorrow to compare the G19 5th gen and my new P320. I love the feel of both of them and look forward to shooting them side by side.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P6shooter:
I played with one at my local dealer today. I was extremely disappointed. The new trigger sucked! Absolutely sucked, the cutout at the bottom of the front strap ruins the feel of the grip. 5 Generations and Glock still can't get it right!

Roll Eyes

RB

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Striker1, I have big fat hands also, and that's why I've tended to like the Gen 2. I look forward to your report when you get yours. Haven't had a chance to handle one yet, myself.

quote:

This is what you feel compelled to post immediately after a post about some excitedly ordering one and looking forward to getting it in their hands? Good grief.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Well, to be fair, he did have this to say about the Glock 19. Wink

RB

In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I have big hands (I'm 6'5 280)

No previous iteration of the glock 19 worked for me

My fingers sat on the ridges of the models with the finger grooves

On the gen 2 with the front cutout I would get pinched every time I pulled the trigger

None of this is the case with the gen 5s

I now own 2 gen 5 19s....

The trigger is an immense improvement over previous generations...so much so thst if someone compared the two and didn't notice the difference I would wonder that something mechanical had been changed on the gun to either significantly improve the gen 4 (or earlier) or to significantly make worse the gen 5

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I really like the gen 5 so far.
Of the two I've handled, for some reason the G17 had a somewhat better trigger.

The 19 I handled was a bit rough, feeling not as refined as the G17.

The grip frame felt a bit stiffer than the gen 4.
I wonder if the flair stiffens things a bit.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:

On the gen 2 with the front cutout I would get pinched every time I pulled the trigger

None of this is the case with the gen 5s

How does the shape or location of the cutout on the Gen5 differ from the Gen2? I've handled both but not side by side. I assumed they were pretty much the same.

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The only difference I have observed on the cutout between my gen2 and gen5 is that it is slightly wider (possibly) on the bottom of the gen5 due to the flare.

Quick pics:

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Handled one today and got to do a comparison with a Gen 4 they had in the case with it.
Trigger was better on the Gen 5 and the smooth face was nice. Liked the sights on the 5 better also.
Almost walked out with it but didn't.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
Well, to be fair, he did have this to say about the Glock 19. Wink

I am consistent Smile

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
Well, couldn't wait. Ordered from Keislers.

Hope to have it Tues or Wed next week.

Saw a lone G19 Gen 5 at CQT in Shelby Twp. Friday afternoon. It had come in that morning. They asked $614 includes $35 range time card. By Saturday 11:00 AM it was gone.

I fondled it. Liked it, loved the color. Good trigger. I was tempted

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:

Behold! The field where I grow my fucks.

lay thine eyes on it, and thou shall see that it hast lay barren.

Posts: 5099 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The finger bumps on my new Gen 4 never bothered me! I just Dremeled them off and at the same time I just Dremeled the trigger guard front strap connection so I can have a higher hand hold.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
quote:

Behold! The field where I grow my fucks.

lay thine eyes on it, and thou shall see that it hast lay barren.

Oh, forgive me. I wasn't aware that your opinion was more important than mine...keyboard commando.