SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A Good Day at Eckernförde
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Good Day at Eckernförde Login/Join 
Picture of 220parts
posted
Was able to visit the factory at Eckernförde on 8 June. They are making major changes and adding employees. The rift between Govts. has shut down US accounts (mine included), and the only way to order is through third party dealers (there are several in Germany). Production is picking-up, and by the looks of the pistols being built things are rebounding. SIG did not want any pictures shared, and I understand their concerns. The exports to Italy were full of 9X21s (pretty much every SIG Model made for 9X19)and also 10MMs. SIG P210s are also getting ramped-up (I recently received 2 P210 Super Target 5" pistols!). Unfortunately, I was allowed to use the SIG range with a World Class Shooter - and can no longer blame the pistol! World Class is just that - "Class".

I did suggest that they run a lottery for tours a few times a year, with the funds raised used for charity. Hope this can be implemented!

For those really interested, I suggest a visit to IWA (Nuremberg) next March to meet the factory gate keepers...

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Posts: 891 | Location: SW, NH | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
When you say making changes can you go into any details? Changes as in adding new production machines or other infrastructure improvements?

Also, what is the factory shooting range like?

Really good news! Thanks for sharing! Smile

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
Yes, they are adding new equipment. I believe accuracy will only go up with more precise equipment. The Range gets used by Swat Teams, and the SIG Test Targets every day. I believe it is 25 M with the ability to use rifles (.223 which we shot as well as most production pistols). I will note that Frau Koch was not there that day, but she still is active at the Factory.

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Posts: 891 | Location: SW, NH | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Sounds like fun. Cool

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
that's really cool. thanks for sharing!!

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
Just to make us feel right at home, there is a BK right across the street from the factory!

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigerbloodwinning:
Glad to see production picking back up!

Do you guys maybe know if there’s anything currently being made at Eckernförde besides the P226 LDC, the P210 and variants, and the P232? Those are the only ones that I can see on sigsauer.de with Made in Germany clearly stamped on the slide.

Plenty of X-guns being churned out by SIG Germany. Wink

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing. I'm stationed in Germany and would love to see the Sig Factory.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

No pictures allowed is understandable. I'd like to go on one of the tours someday if I ever made it there, but I have just as good of odds as being in Exeter. Now you have me wanting a P220 in 9x21 again. If you somehow have an extra one follow you home...

Congrats on your P210s. You do know we are anticipating pics of those. Big Grin

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
They were also making a bunch of X5 and X6s, P229s for a variety of users, 226SL SO, 220 10mm, and SP2022. Sort of luck of the draw as to what was in production. The 226 LDCs are the II version - they do not have the PVD finish the original LDCs had. A P220 in 9x21 is available and they are still shipped to Italy!

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
Thanks for sharing. I'm stationed in Germany and would love to see the Sig Factory.

when I was working Germany for a few years I emailed with someone from the factory about whether they did tours. Unfortunatley not, at that time at least. Sounds like 220parts has got some connections!

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
I will keep asking about tours. SIG does not think many people would be interested...

Once August Vacations are done, I suspect they may seriously consider having more visitors.

My contact was on the A German Competition Team, and the factory was/is quite helpful to collectors, shooters, and hunters.

If the politicians can work things out, the US exports can be started again.

Veni, Vidi, Risi

posted Hide Post
H&K didn't do tours either. I'll bring it up at the HFSS (the new Rod and Gun Club) and see if we can make contact. Our guys were able to tour the Heym factory.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info!

Do you know if the P220 X-Six II is currently in production? Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
I did not see any, and there was no mention of them in the printed information available they had available.

Veni, Vidi, Risi

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigerbloodwinning:
Glad to see production picking back up!

Do you guys maybe know if there’s anything currently being made at Eckernförde besides the P226 LDC, the P210 and variants, and the P232? Those are the only ones that I can see on sigsauer.de with Made in Germany clearly stamped on the slide.

Is the 232 still being made in Germany today?? Have not heard anything about that...pics?

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
I saw a 232 being shipped to a customer. Nice looking gun.

Veni, Vidi, Risi