SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta APX Review
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta APX Review Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
"The total number of parts is around 45. A little over half as many as the ridiculously complex VP9 that has close to 75."

Do you have a count of a G17/19?

The Glocks are around 34 or so. Gen 3s anyway. They set the standard.

Glocks have definitively not 34 parts, they count the trigger with triggerbar as one parts but this assembly is composed of 6 parts, they count the front sight and rear sight as one parts, idem for the sliderelease, magazine, guiderod, etc.., at the end there is circa 45 parts. Marketing....

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toto:
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
"The total number of parts is around 45. A little over half as many as the ridiculously complex VP9 that has close to 75."

Do you have a count of a G17/19?

The Glocks are around 34 or so. Gen 3s anyway. They set the standard.

Glocks have definitively not 34 parts, they count the trigger with triggerbar as one parts but this assembly is composed of 6 parts, they count the front sight and rear sight as one parts, idem for the sliderelease, magazine, guiderod, etc.., at the end there is circa 45 parts. Marketing....

Dirty Bastards! Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I saw both the APX and CZ P10c this past weekend.
Handling both, the APZ felt better to me with a slightly grippier feel. Likely due to the slight finger grooves. The grooves aren't too pronounced and should fit a wide range of fingers. The grip felt smaller also.

If I was looking for a new full size pistol the APX would likely be it for me.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Between the CZ P10 and Beretta's APX, I like the APX better.

More character.

Agree.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
I saw both the APX and CZ P10c this past weekend.
Handling both, the APZ felt better to me with a slightly grippier feel. Likely due to the slight finger grooves. The grooves aren't too pronounced and should fit a wide range of fingers. The grip felt smaller also.

If I was looking for a new full size pistol the APX would likely be it for me.

I handle an APX the other day and also like it very much, there are some reports out there from people that have shoot both that the Beretta is a softer shooter, also there is accessories available at the Beretta website. If I wasn't married to my G19 the APX would my first option for carry.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I wasn't married to my G19 the APX would my first option for carry.

An APX Compact would be the one I'd really go for. The APX is just a bit to large for carry given my body size. The APX grip, despite being more rounded, has a grip angle that reminds me of my preferred Glocks, only without the infamous hump.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I like the wide trigger. Reset is short & sweet, has a nice break. Ergos are excellent & I like the rail grip serrations. Sights are bold and come up fast. Spare mags are available. Holsters not so much but I suspect its only a mtter of time. Beretta did well with the design & engineering of the APX. I think these will sell well & a future compact model even better.

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DonGlock26
posted Hide Post
I handled several poly striker pistols at the fun shop the other day and the APX impressed me the most. The grip felt great. The trigger was flat
and wide. The front sight dot is larger than the rear dots to catch the focus of the shooter's eye.
Fit and finish were excellent.

All in all, an impressive pistol by Beretta.

-----------------------------------
"If they don't go concentrating on meaningless cosmetic changes, like rainbow this or two-tone that, or wood grip panels from the ackabalacka tree"-Parabellum

Posts: 1197 | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I'm a Beretta fan of some of their other pistols (especially the 92 series) and had a chance to handle an APX over the weekend. I actually liked the ergos of the grip and it looks even nicer in person than in photos. They really don't do it justice. Mag release is good and well positioned while the sights are nice as well. The full length slide ribs are useful and provided a good grip for slide manipulation regardless of where you wanted to do it from. Unfortunately for me, the trigger was REALLY wide to the point of exaggeration IMHO, and the trigger travel was a little creepy with a way sproingy break. Maybe it was my example, but I could never see myself purchasing an APX based on the trigger alone. Did I mention the trigger is REALLY wide?

While the APX has a lot going for it for someone looking for a good pistol, I personally can't overlook the nature and feel of the trigger. I was able to try someone's CZ P-10C over the weekend and while they don't necessarily look as nice as the APX (very subjective, I know), I think they handle well, shoot well, and the trigger on it was much better than the APX.

In the grand scheme of things, pistols like the APX and the P-10C have a steep hill to climb against pistols that have been out way longer and/or are already well established in the marketplace with their own attractive features and following. While I wouldn't rule out considering a CZ at some point in the future, I can't really say the same for the APX if my example is representative of what all the triggers are like. I know Apex does some amazing things with triggers, but I don't know that even they could help the APX trigger unless they can make a smaller replacement trigger and remove the sproingy feel altogether. Even if they could, the APX would be exactly where the M&P 1.0 was a decade ago with a lot more competition.

Either way, my M&P M2.0 and PPQ Classic are still my top preferences when it comes to polymer striker fired pistols and I don't really see anything out there that offers anything they don't or that would entice me to want to switch platforms.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post