Find
Notify
Tools

P229C 9mm Login/Join 
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 72Bruins:
So, would a P229C slide/barrel mount, and function on a standard non-rail P229 frame?

No, does not work on the 229. Would work on a 224.

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WJR:
quote:
Originally posted by 72Bruins:
So, would a P229C slide/barrel mount, and function on a standard non-rail P229 frame?

No, does not work on the 229. Would work on a 224.

WJR

Correct. The P229C is a P224 with and extended grip not a P229 with a shortened slide/barrel.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just spent some time comparing the slides of my P224 9mm, P224 40 S&W, & P229C 357Sig;

Breech Face - 9mm = 10mm wide
40 & 357= 10.5mm wide

Extractor - 9mm extractor is wider by 1.5mm with the added length on the bottom

Slides - all 3 weighed 12.0oz

Barrels - All barrels have the same external dimensions except the barrel hood is wider on the 40 & 357 barrels to match the breech face.

Recoil Springs are different on all 3 by length, and the 357 spring has narrower coils. The 9mm spring is the longest.

Front sights = #8 on all three
Rear sights = #8 on the 9mm & #10 on the 40 & the 357 slides.

My conclusion is that a 9mm barrel & recoil spring will work fine in a 40 or 357 slide, but I would change out the extractor for a permanent change (this may have been a Sig change for all calibers, I do not know).

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice good purchase.

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also was intrigued by this gun. I purchased a P229C 9mm new factory. Interestingly it is not marked SAS ( Sig Anti Snag) which means the sharp angles are beveled, but it is. I cant find a concealed carry holster. Any suggestions? Also how rare is this gun new from the factory?

Posts: 3 | Registered: April 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
Nice grab! If I ever saw one in person, I'd be all over it. Congrats!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike S

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Has this gun been discontinued? It's not on the SIGs website.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Yes, discontinued
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Has this gun been discontinued? It's not on the SIGs website.

Posts: 13810 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that sir...is a very very nice pistol. Congrads!

Posts: 186 | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hansp419:
I also was intrigued by this gun. I purchased a P229C 9mm new factory. Interestingly it is not marked SAS ( Sig Anti Snag) which means the sharp angles are beveled, but it is. I cant find a concealed carry holster. Any suggestions? Also how rare is this gun new from the factory?

P224 holsters will fit.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to see this thread revived. I've spent the last few weekends shooting mine; I purchased it here from a (local) member a couple of months ago. It was originally an SAS in .40. Since I typically don't shoot the caliber, I have replaced the barrel with a P224 9mm barrel I bought from Sig and haven't looked back. Zero issues and a ton of fun to shoot.

Posts: 237 | Registered: January 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a cool looking setup. How many P229-C pistols did they make?

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I have to add mine to this thread.

I really like how it carries and I think after I put in a thicker trigger I'll shoot it better!

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you!!!

P224 holsters will fit.[/QUOTE]

posted Hide Post
I have a Sig P229C in .40S&W
I am trying to find a 9mm barrel for it. I'm led to believe that a P224 9mm barrel will drop in but have not been able to find one anywhere online. Sig no longer stocks them either. Anyone know where a 9mm barrel for the P229C can be had??

Posts: 2 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 40 SAS and was looking for a 9mm kit but they stopped making them.

In regards to the recoil spring, Sig list the same spring for 9mm, 40 & 357 sig; https://www.sigsauer.com/store...-357sig-40-auto.html

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
A 9mm P229C is news to me too. I was amazed that SIG didn't offer the 9mm option when the gun was introduced.

Am I the only one that can't see your photos? I just see:

"PLEASE UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT TO ENABLE 3RD PARTY HOSTING"

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8943 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post