SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is going on with Beretta's finishing around the extractor pin hole?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is going on with Beretta's finishing around the extractor pin hole? Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:

This just sours me on all Berettas really. If I can’t back a brand 100%, I tend to dump everything I own of it. I purged Sig from my life years ago (except for two 556’s).

You better not look at anything you own too closely.

No, please do. Then sell them all to me at prices commiserate with their drastically reduced value! Big Grin

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
The M9A3 is a rolling around in the gravel gun, not a BBQ gun, so ...

Not at the price point they have it at

I'm with you on this.

Love my 92, but when I can buy a brand new 92FS in the high 4s or low 5s, I just can't see an extra $500 for a vertec grip, rail, threaded barrel, and brown paint job.

On the other hand, the finish issues coming out of TN are pretty widely known. Not exactly top secret info.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just received my Italian made M9A3 today, and the finish is far better than the TN made models pictured in the thread. The staking around the extractor looks like it was done post finishing, but done with great care. I definitely would hold out and shop for a Italian made M9A3. This one was going to be put for sale, but i think it has found a place in my collection, as i was currently Berettaless. "G" conversion parts are already en route.

Pics for comparison.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ZYALTR,

Posts: 346 | Location: Detroit | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I've been toying with a 92 of some sort for awhile, almost pulled the trigger on a WC gun but that's stupid, since any Beretta will end up being a safe dweller - better off getting a M9 or 92FS, or even a 92A1 for $450-550.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Why would any Beretta end up being a safe dweller only?

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got an email from one of my distributors, and they just got more of these Italian M9A3's in stock, and it looks like Beretta moved production of them back to Italy, so they should hopefully be in better shape like my above pictured example.

Good news for those buying in the near future.

Posts: 346 | Location: Detroit | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Why would any Beretta end up being a safe dweller only?
Because I'm not going to carry one and when it comes to centerfire handguns, I rarely shoot anything I don't carry.

So it's a couple of G19s that get shot 95% of the time (for handguns). About once a year I drag out some of the safe dwellers I haven't gotten around to selling to shoot, but that's about it.

I have a Beretta 87 so I shoot that for fun quite often, but it's cheap and quiet to shoot.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZYALTR:
Just received my Italian made M9A3 today, and the finish is far better than the TN made models pictured in the thread. The staking around the extractor looks like it was done post finishing, but done with great care. I definitely would hold out and shop for a Italian made M9A3. This one was going to be put for sale, but i think it has found a place in my collection, as i was currently Berettaless. "G" conversion parts are already en route.

Pics for comparison.

This what my Berettas including my WC Brig Tac look like. Nice even stamping. The other ones posted look like Bubba went at em with a dull chisel

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post