SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P365 magazine won't hold slide open
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P365 magazine won't hold slide open Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
I bought a new Sig P365 on Saturday along with 2 new Sig factory 10rd magazines (my gun only came with one 12rd magazine and a voucher for 2 more). Two of the magazines hold the slide back when racking the slide. The third only holds it back about 50% of the time. Will this be a problem? Does Sig warranty their magazines, or do I just need to buy a spring kit and fix it myself?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
If it's factory, Sig will take care of it. I'd start by taking the mag apart and making sure everything looks normal.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^This. It's a new mag used in a new gun; SIG certainly will take care of the problem.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
If it's factory, Sig will take care of it. I'd start by taking the mag apart and making sure everything looks normal.

Good suggestion. I took the mag apart and put it back together the same way, and the problem seems to be fixed.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
quote:

Good suggestion. I took the mag apart and put it back together the same way, and the problem seems to be fixed.

I would also go as far as putting a mark on that mag to separate it from the others. Run them like normal at the range and see if the problem persists. It may have just the spring wasn't set perfectly in either the follower or insert not allowing the follower to sit as high as it was supposed to engage the slide stop and hold it open.

Glad it worked out for you. Just know that Sig will take care of you if it acts up again. Unfortunately, I have had to send 3 weapons to them over the last 5 years. Fortunately, each and every time they fixed the problems on their dime (including shipping) and were pretty cool to deal with.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would also go as far as putting a mark on that mag to separate it from the others.

I've found identifying magazines to be a great use of all the junkmail address labels that pile up over time. Smile

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post