SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Stupid Glock 43 question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stupid Glock 43 question Login/Join 
posted
Bought a G43. Like it a lot. Added Vickers Tactical mag release and slide stop. Need night sights. I like Trijicon H D's but they run -30ish for a set. Found a reasonable deal on a Talo edition that has the Ameriglo version. Orange front plain serrated U rear. Perfect. I might as well buy the second gun and then just swap slides to get the lower already done and my night sights. Any issues swapping slides out like this that I'm not aware of? Told you it was a stupid question.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Seems like a lot of hassle for $70 sights unless you want two guns. I would just order the sights on Amazon and pay someone $20 to install them. Or better yet see if anyone here will lend you a sight pusher and install them yourself.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are no issues swapping the slides.

I use Trijicon HD's on all my Glocks. I went with two other sights, including the Ameriglos on the G43, and wasn't satisfied, and ended up replacing them with the HD's in the end, anyway.

For me it wasn't about night sights. I like the HD's better as daylight sights. Orange front dot.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not recommended by the sight manufacturers I'm sure, but I've installed various night sight with a brass punch. It doesn't normally take a lot of force to install them.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you elaborate on what you didn't like about the Ameriglos? I just did a quick fondle they seemed ok, I use HD's on all my serious guns.

As for buying a second one with night sights, well that's just an excuse to have two which I like to do when I really like a gun.

Are the HD's for the 43 as tall as the HD's for other guns? They look more normal height wise on line.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I'd skip buying the additional pistol. Order a set of Ameriglo Idot Pros for the 43, and I prefer the lime green front over the orange front. The Talo edition night sights I don't like, orange front, blacked out rear with no tritium on the rear sight. The Idot Pros have Tritium front and rear.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
The serial number on the slide and barrel wont match the frame. The frame is the serialized part of the gun.

Other than that, it wont be any problem swapping them.

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
I have the Talo edition 43 and love the sights. My eyes do not work with any 3 dot setup, including the Trijicon HDs. The Talos suit me just fine.

YMMV, but in my opinion I would just get the night sights you want and install them rather than another 43.

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Considering the work you want to have done, what is it about the gun you like?

Posts: 1241 | Location: OHIO | Registered: December 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not following you hask? What work? I swapped out the mag and slide release to Vickers and I never leave the plastic sights on a user Glock. So after I spent 5 minutes and 30 bucks on the first two I needed suggestions about night sights. Which I took. I just ordered some Ameriglos. Plain, serrated U notch rear and bright yellow tritium front. Don't know the name of that combo. 80 bucks.

I did kinda want a second one though so I might go back for the talo edition. Lol

silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I have a 43 and took my Talo sights off. I replaced them with XS big dots because they are easier for my aging eyes to see. I know this isn't the classifieds but shoot me an email if you're interested. I'll make you a deal on them. They are only about 6 months old. If you're near me I can put them on with my MGW sight pusher and 43 adapter.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
If you plan on pocket carrying the G43 you may want to avoid the HDs. They seemed to snag worse when drawing from the pocket. Great sights otherwise.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not a pocket carry guy. I love HD's but they are tall. Hoping these Ameriglos fill the bill.

Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I'm not following you hask? What work? I swapped out the mag and slide release to Vickers and I never leave the plastic sights on a user Glock. So after I spent 5 minutes and 30 bucks on the first two I needed suggestions about night sights. Which I took. I just ordered some Ameriglos. Plain, serrated U notch rear and bright yellow tritium front. Don't know the name of that combo. 80 bucks.

I did kinda want a second one though so I might go back for the talo edition. Lol

Heck yeah! You are going to love those!

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
I have a 43 and took my Talo sights off. I replaced them with XS big dots because they are easier for my aging eyes to see. I know this isn't the classifieds but shoot me an email if you're interested. I'll make you a deal on them. They are only about 6 months old. If you're near me I can put them on with my MGW sight pusher and 43 adapter.

Birddog1, if pedrocopia does not want them, I will definitely take them. Please contact me if still available.

WJR

posted Hide Post
OP one thing to keep in mind if you are picky - all Talo editions show made in USA on the slide...they do not have AUSTRIA roll marks.

Just buy the ameriglows separately. They are great sights.

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never had a USA Glock. I already bought the Ameriglos. I will report back hen I install/shoot them.

posted Hide Post
I run Trijicon HD's on my G43, and usually use a DeSantis pocket holster. When drawing, my thumb rides the back of the slide and sight, and I wear pants with a wide and deep enough pocket to make an easy draw (vertex pants). Works fine. I carried with a flush magazine initially to make the draw easier, but found that a pearce +1 baseplate made for a better grip and I shot better, so I went all +1 baseplates. Still not a problem.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Off topic. I bought like 10 pairs of vertx covert casuals when they were discontinued. They were like 13 bucks apiece. Best pants ever. Ever. No shit.

I bought (waiting for) a iwb from Justin at Ozark. Not really a pocket carry guy.