SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Glock 19M
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Glock 19M Login/Join 
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
How does it shoot at longer distances ?
Not trying to be a jerk but 5 yards is kind of lame .

Roll Eyes

Shoots fine. 60 out of 60 my 1st qual. We go out to 25 years, but we shoot a ton 7 yards and in...

And that qual was before the connector smoothed out.

I normally start at 5 yards.

Work back to 7, 15, and 25...

I use our Bullseye course as the distance accuracy check.

https://chiefweems.files.wordp...-bullseye-course.pdf

(Qualifying Score is 260 (240 One Handed))

I did two a few weeks ago and skunked them up...

In one I had 5 rounds out...ended with a 227.

(Which isn't bad if you think the ceiling for me was 250.)

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I think all he was saying is 5-yards isn’t much of an accuracy test for a pistol. Valid for training but if any of my handguns isn’t a single ragged hole after 15+ shots at that range, somethings wrong with the weapon or me (assuming slow aimed fire).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I think all he was saying is 5-yards isn’t much of an accuracy test for a pistol. Valid for training but if any of my handguns isn’t a single ragged hole after 15+ shots at that range, somethings wrong with the weapon or me (assuming slow aimed fire).

That's exactly right . I wasn't questioning the OP's shooting ability . I just wanted to know how good the gun shot at longer ranges .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

How do you think a Glock would shoot past 5 yards? I know the new "Marksman" barrel is supposed to improve accuracy, but realistically at 25 yards do you think you will notice the difference between a Gen 5 and Gen 4?

Posts: 56 | Location: Alabama | Registered: September 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bkc2a:
quote:

How do you think a Glock would shoot past 5 yards? I know the new "Marksman" barrel is supposed to improve accuracy, but realistically at 25 yards do you think you will notice the difference between a Gen 5 and Gen 4?

So all I have are Gen 3s...(23 and a 21)

This one is more accurate than the 23...(for me.)

And much easier to shoot...

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

That's exactly right . I wasn't questioning the OP's shooting ability . I just wanted to know how good the gun shot at longer ranges .

No worries... Cool

I need to get a few Bullseyes in anyway...

Picture of Com 45acp
posted Hide Post
In a class the last few days with several FBI agents. None of them are carrying the 19m/17m. Glock 23 and 27 is what they are carrying still.

Posts: 521 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Com 45acp:
In a class the last few days with several FBI agents. None of them are carrying the 19m/17m. Glock 23 and 27 is what they are carrying still.

No New Agents in your class?

Those are who you will likely see carrying them at this point.

They are replacing 22s and 23s in the Field, but...

it is going to take a while.

The 27s (and 26s) are (likely) all POWs.

To give you a sense of the scale...

I work in an office of 25 Agents...

3 G19Ms

Everybody else is G22 and G23s.

Also...

The Academy class that replaced mine in late 1997, was the 1st class to receive the "new" Glock 23 40 S&W.

I was issued a beautiful West German P226.

It wasn't until the Spring of 2000 that I got the call to replace my pistol...

King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
Do we expect the 19M and 17M to make it to the civilian market anytime soon?

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:

I think they will keep it out of the market long enough to sell Gen 5s in large numbers...

If Glock does put them out...I would think they would be in limited runs...

1,000 pistols

Something like that.

Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig M11:
quote:

I think they will keep it out of the market long enough to sell Gen 5s in large numbers...

If Glock does put them out...I would think they would be in limited runs...

1,000 pistols

Something like that.
Other than sights and markings, what's the difference between the Gen 5 and the M? I thought those were the only two differences. Confused

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
There's two more:

-The internal trigger parts on the M models are nDLC coated
-The M models come from the factory with extended slide stops and mag release

Those are the only differences.

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
There's two more:

-The internal trigger parts on the M models are nDLC coated
-The M models come from the factory with extended slide stops and mag release

Those are the only differences.
Since they already use nDLC on the slide & barrel of the Gen5, it seems odd they wouldn't just use the same on the trigger parts.

Well, I sure hope if the rumors of our 9mms switch are true, that we either get the Gen5, or I'm allowed to dump the extended slide release. I hate those damn things. Just like with SIGs, the extended slide release makes it much more likely to have the slide not lock back after the last round.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Am I right that the M is Glock's first LE only model? If so, then there isn't any telling if they will ever offer the M models to the public?

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The FBI doesn't autorized Glock to sell the G17 and 19 with the "M" denomination to the public

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toto:
The FBI doesn't autorized Glock to sell the G17 and 19 with the "M" denomination to the public
Where is that specified in the contract?

posted Hide Post
I don't think it's in the contract, i think it's like sig have asked to the Us army the autorisation to sell the MK25 to the public.
Why glock would bring the gen5 to the market when they could sell the FBI Pistol?

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think it's in the contract, i think it's like sig have asked to the Us army the autorisation to sell the MK25 to the public.

The Army doesn't have anything to do with the Mk. 25. That's a Navy designation.

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why glock would bring the gen5 to the market when they could sell the FBI Pistol?
The US government has no blanket authority to control a trademark, just because that trademark is associated with a government contract. So I'll be more specific in my query: What statutory authority, or contractual agreement, would allow the FBI, or any other government entity, to restrict that trademark?